Tomato Soup

Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Good Morning to you! I hope your week is a good one so far. 

Before I tell you about today's card, a quick Thank You to Lydia (Understandblue at Splitcoaststampers) for posting my Spooky Tree Halloween card on Facebook yesterday. It generated 1,500 views to that particular card in just one day! Wow! I didn't even know that was possible. 8~D

I made today's card using the Sweet Sunday Sketch Challenge #133. It follows the sketch fairly closely, except that I put copper brads at both ends of the rickrack, and where 3 small embellies would be in the upper left corner, I used a Leafy Sprig die cut, and I put a smaller one in the lower right corner to balance it out. They look a little bit like tomato leaves when they are cut without using the coordinating stamp, don't they?

I'm also playing along with the Flourishes Bring Back Beauty Challenge #14. This month's theme is "The Beauty of Color," and the challenge is to make a monochromatic card. I couldn't begin to tell you what the color of my card is, but since it features tomatoes, I'm calling it tomato soup. Even the rickrack looks like it's been colored with tomato soup. Okay, I know that the leaves are green, but I couldn't find a way around that. :D  I was a little bit concerned that I wouldn't be able to do this stamp justice because of all the red I would be using, but it turned out okay. I did have to use yellow and white colored pencils with mineral spirits to highlight the bumps on the tops of the tomatoes. I never seem to leave enough room for highlights when I'm using Copics.

For the inside of my card, I stamped the tomato image in Rusty Hinge Distress Ink. I stamped off onto scrap paper one time before stamping my card so the image would be light enough to be able to write a message over it. I love the look of this stamp--even when it's left plain it's beautiful.  

Thanks for stopping by! Have a great day!!!

Stamps: Italian Garden, Garden Fresh (Flourishes)
Paper: The Breathe Paper Collection (Prima)
Ink: Tim Holtz Distress Ink; Memento; Staz-On; Copic markers
Dies: Std Circles Lg; Lotus Pendant (Spellbinders); Leafy Sprigs (Verve)
Accessories: Diamonds in Diamonds embossing folder (Sizzix); rickrack (Fancy Pants Designs); antique copper brads (Making Memories); colored pencils; sewing thread; Corner Chomper
Size: A2 (4.25" x 5.5")
Thanks for visiting my blog!
To have Ink Up delivered to your inbox,
subscribe in the box at the top right of the page.

14 comments :

Heather Rogers said...

Yeah! We got it linked up now. :)

I think this is fabulous Cheryl. Love the tomato and matching papers. Your coloring is perfection. So glad you could join us at Flourishes BBB.
Hugs~

Cindy Haffner said...

Cheryl this is STUNNING!!~

Stamps and Paper said...

Wow your colouring on your card is just amazing, such a beautiful card Cheryl.
Thank you for your kind comments on my blog.

Anne

Bernie said...

Wow your coloring is amazing! Fantastic card.
Blessings Bernie

Linda Kaiser said...

Great card! Your coloring and shading is amazing! This is a perfect fall card!

Linda

Jan Hunnicutt said...

wow, these are gorgeous!

Lisa Somerville said...

Beautiful fall card - love your mix of papers and coloring!

Karen Giron said...

Oh. My. Goodness. I just want to reach in and grab a tomato! These are absolutely fab! LOVE it!

Mona Pendleton said...

WOW Cheryl! What a STUNNING card! You did an AMAZING job coloring the image! The tomatoes look scrumptious! Thanks for joining along with BBB :)

Beate said...

Dang girl....another gorgeous creation!
Hugs and smiles

Shannon White said...

This is just Beautiful Miss Cheryl! Love the dp's and what gorgeous coloring you did on the tomatoes! The look good enough to eat lady! 8-)

Hugs
Shannon 8-)


P.S> been meaning to tell you I just love you New Blog look! 8-)

Colleen Dietrich said...

The rich red you used for this is bee-autiful, Cheryl. And your coloring of those tomatoes? Fantastic!

Luv 2 Create said...

Fabulous card, your coloring and shading is super. Four highlights, you might try the copic blender. I have seen many of the pros use it and it really makes highlighting easier. Love this card.
Marcie

Kathy Jones said...

Your tomato soup has my salivating!!! :) Rich and luscious, this is one delicious card!!! Thanks for playing the Bring Back Beautiful Challenge!!