When it Rains

Thursday, September 8, 2011

Good Morning! My house needs some serious cleaning, so this is going to be short and sweet.

I've made another card for Flourishes Bring Back Beauty Challenge #14: The Beauty of Color. This one is blue--never my first choice, but since the Timeless Tuesday Challenge #134 is "Keep Calm and Play With Water," blue made sense. Can you see my glittery rain down by the sentiment?

The layout is Taylored Expressions Sketch #145 turned sideways.

I used Flourishes April Showers stamp set for the boots and sentiment on the front of the card, and also for the cloud and sun on the inside. Verve's Sunny Days set was perfect for the inside sentiment.

On the inside, I sponged just a little Wild Honey Distress Ink on the sun.


Now, where is that vacuum cleaner?

Thanks for stopping by, and have a Scrappy Day!

 
Stamps: April Showers (Flourishes); Sunny Days (Verve); Distressing (Glitz)
Paper: Watercolor Bouquet (K&Co)
Ink: Tim Holtz Distress Ink; Memento; Colorbox; Copics
Dies: Large Labels, Labels Four, Curved Rectangles (Spellbinders)
Accessories: Embossing powder (Stampendous); ribbon (Michael's); rhinestones; twine; button; foam dots; glitter; sewing thread
Size: A2 (4.25" x 5.5")
Thanks for visiting my blog!
To have Ink Up delivered to your inbox,
subscribe in the box at the top right of the page.

16 comments :

Barbara A. said...

Love the card!

Beate said...

Cheryl, I love it. I love the layout, I love that you kept it in blue and white...simply gorgeous!
Hugs and smiles

Shannon White said...

Ooh, Miss Cheryl, this is just fabulous! I love the sweet rain boots popped up on your labels #4 Love the script on the label too! Fab dp's also Love the whole thing!

Hugs
Shannon 8-)

Bernie said...

Oh Cheryl, this is simply gorgeous! I love the layout, I love that you placed the baker's twine bow behind the ribbon. Never saw that before but I really like it.
Blessings Bernie

Colleen Dietrich said...

Such beautiful blues you used, CHeryl! I really, really like the rain boots stamp. It's awesome!

Maria said...

Gorgeous shades of blue! And love those rain boots...too CUTE! Great card...love it! Take care!!:-))

The Rubber Maid said...

How cute this is and a perfect water card for TT challenge. Pat

Cindy Haffner said...

So very PRETTY!~

Tammy Hershberger said...

Very pretty design, and wonderful images to choose for this challenge! Thanks for joining us for Timeless Tuesday!

Theresa said...

What a fabulous card!! I love all the blues. Your layout is great. Fabulous stitching. I love how you did the nesties cut and lettering. Beautifully done...thanks for joining us at Flourishes Timeless Tuesday.

Unknown said...

Cheryl, what a pretty blue card!! I love this monochromatic color scheme and the rain boots! Fabulous details too! Thank you for playing along with us at the FTTC.

Jeanne J. said...

Cheryl, I found you through DebGem's page- what a neat card. I love the boot and the ribbon - never saw that style before - looks great!

Kristi said...

Beautiful card, Cheryl!

Silke Ledlow said...

AWWWW Cheryl, this is one fabbo water card! Love that you used this darlin' set for the challenge...just perfect! Thanks for playing along with us...hugs ~S~

Betty Wright said...

Cheryl, this is beautiful! Wonderful monochromatic color scheme and detailing! Thanks so much for playing Flourishes FTTC water challenge!

Kathy Jones said...

Love this one too!!! Blue is my FAV colour and I love all your elements and the design!! Fabulous!!! Thanks for playing the Bring Back Beautiful Challenge!!