Autumn Leaves

Thursday, September 29, 2011


Happy Thursday! I'm back with another fall card today.  I used the Taylored Expressions Sketch Challenge 147 for this one. I also went with three of the same challenges I used in my Celebrate Fall card a few days ago:

CR84FN39 Color Challenge: colors of orange, yellow, and brown;
Crazy 4 Challenges #106: theme of a Halloween or Fall card;
Heartsong Inspiration's challenge #17: to use ribbon and/or a tag.

I am loving these warm fall colors. 
All the stamps, as well as the leaf gems, on this card came out of the dollor bin at Joann's. Whoo Hoo! I love a bargain!

I colored the acorns and leaves with Copics, cut them out and popped them up on a stacked Spellbinders Beaded Circle and Std Circle Large. Eventually, I ended up coloring two more of the acorns and leaves, cutting them out and popping them on top of the first ones, but angled slightly to give it a more dense look. Coloring those leaves was a little bit of a challenge for me, because I wasn't sure what stage of fall I wanted the leaves to be in. In the end, I decided, what the heck, I'll use all of them, ;) and ended up using a deep red, bright orange, yellow, and two shades of brown. I like the result, but I'm not sure I could ever duplicate it. 8~D 

This card could be just about any kind of card you wanted it to be, but I chose to go with Thanksgiving, simply because I had this pretty stamp and wanted to use it.


I hope you're getting ready for a wonderful weekend. The temperature seems to finally be coming down a little bit here in Georgia, so we may be spending some time outdoors for a change.

Thanks for stopping by!

 
Stamps: Fall Mini Assortment (Studio 112)
Paper: Cafe Mediterranean, Safari Chic (DCWV); Best of K&Co
Ink: Tim Holtz Distress Ink; Staz-On; Copic markers; Gold Metallic Pen (EK Success)
Dies: Beaded Circles, Std Circles Large
Accessories: Scallop Diamond Edger (EK Success); Leafy Branch embossing folder (Cuttlebug); glitter embossing powder (Zing); Autumn Days Acrylic Gems (Studio 18); ribbon (Offray); Piercing tool; foam dots; sewing thread
Size: A2 (4.25" x 5.5")
Thanks for visiting my blog!
To have Ink Up delivered to your inbox,
subscribe in the box at the top right of the page.

18 comments :

Dawn said...

Beautiful card~I love the rich fall colors. I really captures the Autumn theme!

Deborah Frings said...

This is fabulous - I really like the oak leaves and acorns and the sweet gem leaves! Lovely. Thanks for playing along with CR84FN!

Marie said...

Lovely Autumn card, Cheryl. Love the stitching and the touch of glitter. Thankful for playing along at CR84FN.

Dana Joy said...

Beautiful autumn card. Love the colors. Thanks for playing along with us at HSI.

Hugs
Dana

Mona Pendleton said...

WOW Cheryl! What a gorgeous card! Love the embossed background and fall foliage! Thanks for joining along with CR84FN :)

Shannon White said...

Goodness Miss Cheryl! This is soo Pretty Pretty! Love your Beautiful fall leaves and embossed BG! Fabulous coloring Lady! 8-)

Hugs
Shannon

Edna Morrisedie said...

WOW, spectacular fall card, great detailing. Thanks for playing along in the Dolce Challenge!!

Davi said...

Wow is this gorgeous!! The colors are so rich and I love the image! Thanks for joining us at HSI this week.

jkreucher said...

Oh So Beautful! this is one of my fave embossing folders, and so perfect for your stunning creation!
So glad you joined us for the Dolce Stamps and Cards Challenge!
Judy

Donna Heber said...

This card is exquisite Cheryl! The autumn colors are so rich. Just beautiful.

Maria said...

Fabulous Thanksgiving card! Am lovin' all the little extras on your card, so pretty!!! Take care!!:-))

Lisa Elton said...

Oh my goodness Cherly, this is GORGEOUS! The cluster of leaves and acorns is stunning!!! Wonderful card :)

Patrice said...

love the 3D effect

Ellen Taylor said...

So many wonderful details here! Love that stitching and embossing! A perfect fall card! Thanks so much for playing in the Dolce Stamps and Cards Fall Challenge!

Tara said...

Thank you for joining us for the Dolce Stamps fall color challenge. The details on your card are exquisite!
Tara

Dolce Impressions said...

Love your card it reminds me of picking up acorns with my Grandma a million years ago. Love Fall Love this card. Thanks for joining us at Dolce Stamps and Cards Fall Challenge. Make sure you follow all the rules so you can be eligible for the $10.00 GC price.

Heather Rogers said...

Guessed I missed this during the move. I love the fall feel and pretty embossed background.

Thanks so much for joining us at CR84FN! :)
Hugs~

Theresa said...

Another absolutely beautiful fall card. Love the cutting and popping up of your images. Just stunning!!