Coneflower Birthday

Thursday, September 15, 2011

Hello there! I've got a card today that is for two challenges: Flourishes Colors of Fall Challenge and the Sweet Sunday Sketch Challenge #134. Aren't those fall colors yummy! I only needed to use one of the colors for the challenge, but I liked them so much, I went five: deep teal, cedar, phlox, coffee liquor, and quarry.











I inked up the coneflower stamp, from Flourishes' With Gratitude set, with Memento ink in Bamboo and colored the flowers with Copics, leaving the centers of the flowers alone.

See that blue background behind the flowers??? I finally got my gizmo! It's going to take a lot of practice (I ended up having to redo this image three times to get it even close to okay), but I can already tell that my Copic airbrush is going to get some use. I love it!

I followed the sketch almost exactly except I added a second velvet ribbon over the striped one and added an oval sentiment tag. Oh, and I promised my daughter that I would mention that the buttons came from her stash. Thanks, Sweetie! ;D


Thanks so much for stopping by! 
 
Stamps: With Gratitude, Kids Play, Moments in Time (Flourishes)
Paper: Tim Coffey-Cottage Garden (K&Co); Life's Journey (K&Co); So-So-Sweet (Paper Studio)
Ink: Tim Holtz Distress Ink; Memento; Copic Markers
Dies: Curved Rectangles, Fair Isle Border Petites; Classic Ovals; Fleur de Lis Motifs, Labels Sixteen (Spellbinders)
Accessories: Striped Ribbon (American Crafts-Elements); Velvet Ribbon (Fancy Pants Designs); Pearl Brads (Recollections); Buttons; Foam Dots
Size: A2 (4.25" x 5.5")
Thanks for visiting my blog!
To have Ink Up delivered to your inbox,
subscribe in the box at the top right of the page.

3 comments :

Maria said...

Such a lovely card! Beautiful flowers with lovely coloring! Looks like you had fun with the copic airbrush! Love the ribbon and gorgeous buttons! Take care!!:-))

Karen Giron said...

Beautiful!! Your persistence definitely paid off - I love the blue background! Nice job on the sketch :)

Theresa said...

Cheryl, WOW is this ever gorgeous!! Love how you colored the flowers. I love the color choices. Gorgeous work.