Just for You--A First

Saturday, September 3, 2011

Good Saturday Morning to you! I'm going to be brief today. Mojo Monday's sketch this week was either a square or a round card, and I opted for the round one. It's my first attempt at a card that isn't square or rectangular, and I loved working on it. It's always fun to learn to do something new. The colors are from Kathy's Lily Pad Palette challenge.

Another first for me was successful paper piercing on the inside of the card.  


I hope you have a chance to get inky this weekend! Thanks for stopping by! 

Challenges:
Mojo Monday 206 Sketch Challenge
Heart Song Inspirations Challenge #13: Anything Goes
Kathy's Lily Pad Palette Challenge

 
Stamps: Sunny Days & Sweet Treats (Verve)
Paper: Que Sera Sera (K&Co); Shimmer Stack (DCWV); Floriade2 Digikit (Design by Anita, Two Peas in a Bucket); Sweet Threads (Basic Grey); Recollections
Ink: Tim Holtz Distress Ink; Colorbox; Staz-On
Dies: Sm Labels, Lg Labels, Std Circles Lg, Classic Scalloped Circles Small & Large (Spellbinders)
Accessories: Flower (Recollections); ribbon (Michael's); flower rhinestones (K&Co); foam dots; paper piercer
Size: 4.25" diameter circle
Thanks for visiting my blog!
To have Ink Up delivered to your inbox,
subscribe in the box at the top right of the page.

11 comments :

Heather Rogers said...

So pretty, Cheryl. I love circle cards, but they are not easy for me to make. You did an amazing job. :)
Hugs~

Betty J Schaub said...

Very pretty. I really like the dimension on your card.

Designing with Debbie said...

Beautiful card. I love your design and the designer paper. Stunning. Thanks for joining the Heart Song challenge this week. Good Luck. Hope to see you again.
Debbie HSI DT

Stacy Morgan said...

Beautiful, love that its a circle shape and beautiful papers and colors.

Davi said...

Love that beautiful round card and dps. The lovely flowers is the perfect embellie:)

Theresa said...

Beautiful card. I tried to make a shaped card this weekend - I ended up trashing it all. I love the circle card. I don't understand how the scallops get on there. Beautifully done!!

Maria said...

Sweet circle card! Beautiful paper, ribbon, and flower! Great job, take care!!:-))

Latrice said...

Love this. All the layering is fantastic! Thanks for playing along with our challenge over on the Pad.

Nancy K said...

Wow, you did a beautiful job with this round card design, I'd never know it was your first attempt. I love the pretty papers you used to bring in Kathy's challenge palette. I'm so glad you joined us at Lily Pad Cards.

Suzie McFloozy said...

Oh what a beautiful card that flower is just devine and I adore the sentiment inside x
((hugs)) Suzie xoxo

Kathy said...

Wow this is stunning and you have rocked these colors so beautifully. love your blog too. Thanks so much for participating in the "Kathy's Color Pad Palette Challenge" :)