You Make Me Smile :)

Thursday, January 5, 2012

Hello Friends, and Happy Thursday! I won't keep you but a sec with this little card I'm adding to the notecard set I'm working on.
Check out that stitched border. I finally used the sculputure stitch successfully on my sewing machine! Remember, back in November it got a little wonky on me. :)

The little orange sparkly dots are Stickles. I can't say too many times: I Love Stickles! Well, I really wanted to put them all over that blue lattice border, too, but I refrained, instead just putting teeny tiny dots on the points of the sentiment layer die cut.





I'm really enjoying the CR84FN45 colors and the Sweet Sunday Sketch Challenge #149 was wonderful as the layout. It was perfect for making this card flat for mailing, and also so it would fit in the dvd tin when it's all finished. I think I'll be able to get two flat cards, two dimensional cards, and the envelopes in the tin without squishing anything too much.

Thanks for visiting, and have a super day!


 
Stamps: Blue Skies (Verve)
Paper: Que Sera Sera (K&Co); Pocket Full of Posies (DCWV)
Ink: Tim Holtz Distress Ink; Colorbox
Dies: Ironwork Accents, Lattice Border (Spellbinders)
Accessories: Ribbon (Michaels); Stickles; Paper Piercer; Sewing Thread
Size: 4 Bar (3.5" x 4.875")
Thanks for visiting my blog!
To have Ink Up delivered to your inbox,
subscribe in the box at the top right of the page.

11 comments :

Pauline said...

This is beautiful Cheryl!

Jeanne J. said...

Hi Cheryl! Like your card - it's got me thinking of SUNSHINE! Great take on the inspiration photo!

Sue Lelli said...

Cheryl, your stickles are just PERFECTLY formed! LOVE the BG paper because it really highlights your sentiment and the dies! PRETTY card! THX for playing with us at CR84FN!

Maria said...

Just gorgeous, Cheryl! Such warm lovely colors! Beautiful focal point! And, the stitching...uh huh...perfect...lovin' it!!:-)) Pretty stickles, too! Take care and have a great weekend!

Mona Pendleton said...

Beautiful card Cheryl! Love that fancy die cut showcasing the sentiment and the lattice border looks fab! Thanks so much for joining along with CR84FN :)

Leslie Miller said...

I love these colors and how you're incorporating them into your set. Very warm and rich and earthy. Colorful without being over-bright. I'm such a fan of Stickles, too. You never have to worry about them brushing off. And so many fabulous colors! You did an amazingly perfect job on your Stickles dots!

Lisa Elton said...

And your card makes me smile! Very pretty.

Deborah Frings said...

Just gorgeous - I do like the stitched detail and very pretty die cut shape with sweet sentiment. So glad you're enjoying the colours! Thanks for playing along with CR84FN!

Shannon White said...

Oh I love this Miss Cheryl! So Pretty and Cheery! Love the Great dp's you chose and the lattice border too!

wishing you and your family a Very Happy, Healthy & Prosperous 2012!

Hugs
Shannon

Cindy Haffner said...

PRETTY PRETTY!~

Karen Giron said...

What a fun and happy card! I love the bright colors and the little sparkle in the corners!