Tuesday Morning Sketch Challenge #131: Squeaking By

Tuesday, January 31, 2012


[If you are looking for my Flourishes Timeless Tuesday Challenge 154, click here.]

Good Morning!  See anything different on my blog? I'm on Pinterest now! If you'd like to follow me, you can click on the Pinterest button at the top of my sidebar. Am I the last person to get on Pinterest? That site is so addicting! :)

Also, before I get to the sketch and my card, I have an exciting announcement.  Theresa, after many hours, has gotten Tuesday Morning Sketches up on Facebook.  Isn't that great! Please "like" us on Facebook!

Now it's time for another exciting challenge at Tuesday Morning Sketches!  We have a fun sketch and, of course, a fabulous sponsor - Laurie Wilson of Doodle Pantry.  Yay!!



Here's Theresa's sketch for the week:


And, here's my interpretation:

I am loving that digital Quirky Mouse. He looks so satisfied and happy. This stamp also comes with some cute sentiments, but for this card, I typed my sentiments in Word, to customize them a bit, then printed them on a transparency and rubbed them onto the cardstock.

The inside is very plain, with just the second half of the sentiment.


That's my card for today! Now, head on over to Tuesday Morning Sketches and see what the other Design Team members have to share with you today. Awesome stuff, I promise.

Doodle Pantry has some of the cutest digi stamps. :D Wouldn't it be great to snag something from there for free? Well, to have the chance, you have to play along with us! So, what are you waiting for? You have until Sunday at 8:00 PM EST to link your creation up on the TMS blog.

Lily Pad has a Patterned Paper Challenge running until February 23, so I'll be entering this card in that challenge, as well. 

This was supposed to be my last week as a Guest Designer at Tuesday Morning Sketches, but Melissa invited me to guest design for February, too, so you'll be seeing me there for a few more weeks! Oh, Yay-uh!!!

Thanks for visiting my blog today! Have a wonderful week! 

~Hugs, 
 
Stamps: Quirky Mouse--digi (Doodle Pantry); Moments in Time (Flourishes)
Paper: Circa 1934 (Cosmo Cricket); Classic White cs (Flourishes)
Ink: Copic markers; Distress Ink
Dies: Ribbon Tag Trio, Std. Circles Lg (Spellbinders)
Accessories: Clockworks embossing folder (Cuttlebug); Distress Embossing Powder (Tim Holtz); ribbon (Offray); Sprocket Gears (Tim Holtz); Corner Chomper; rhinestones; sewing thread; foam dots; sentiments (MS Word)
Size: A2 (4.25" x 5.5")
Thanks for visiting my blog!
To have Ink Up delivered to your inbox,
subscribe in the box at the top right of the page.

11 comments :

Kathy said...

Cheryl, this is the cutest thing! What a fun image and sentiment combo. Beautiful warm color palette, too. So glad you'll be spending next month with us, too. I'll check you out on pinterest, lol, it is so addictive!

DottyA Cards & Things said...

Oh how Cute!! I love that little mouse! But I guess I'm the last person to know about Pinterset, just heard about it last week and now your a member too... I guess I need to get with it...
Talking about getting with it... I got to ask when you said:I typed my sentiments in Word, to customize them a bit, then printed them on a transparency and rubbed them onto the cardstock. I never heard of prining on a transparency and the rubbing it onto cardstock... dose it have to be a special printer? or anything else I should know?
Thanks!

Theresa said...

Okay, you knocked this out of the park too!! This is why I love you, you can take a fun quirky image like this and make it look beyond amazing. We definitely need to talk about using that transparency.

Oh, and if I have my way you'll be staying with TMS as long as possible.

Mona Pendleton said...

Adorable card Cheryl! That little mouse is so cute!

Sheri Gilson said...

Cheryl, this is an AWESOME masculine card!! I love how you paired these papers with the embossed & and metal gears as a perfect backdrop to the Mouse.

Marie said...

This just so adorable, Cheryl that cute mouse looks so happy. Love your color combo.

Dawn said...

Oh my! This is so adorable Cheryl! Love the DP and the matching embossing. So cute!

Angela said...

Love it all...the aged papers, embossing, and gears...adorable!

Michele Kovack said...

Your card is so stinking cute! The mouse is beautifully colored!!!

Vicky said...

Another lovely card by you Cheryl! Great use of patterned paper. Thank you for playing with us again at lilypad cards.

Mariana Grigsby said...

I loved the way you combined patterned paper-embossing and images! Fabulous card!
Thanks for stopping by my blog today!