Prickley Pear Rubber Stamps Monday: Hello Pretty Bird

Sunday, January 1, 2012

Hi there, friends! And, Happy New Year! I hope you all had a fantastic holiday season! My DD got her much anticipated karaoke machine for Christmas and an unexpected "real" sewing machine. We're being serenaded at all hours of the day and night, and aprons and tote bags will probably be showing up around here in droves very soon. :)

My DH is recuperating quickly from his knee replacement surgery and even though I fell down the stairs a few days ago and sprained my foot and ankle (did I hear someone say "sympathy pains"?), I'm still able to hobble around, so it's not getting in the way of my cardmaking. Good thing, too, because it's the first Monday of the new year, and that means it's time for another Prickley Pear Rubber Stamps creation.

 
I used the Tuesday Morning Sketch # 126 for my card layout. I turned the sketch sideways and took a couple of liberties, but followed the basic design.

 The flowers on the right side of the card are the die cut negatives from the Lotus Border die cut. I filled the centers with two different colors of Stickles and edged each petal with Crystal Stickles after spritzing them with Shimmer Spritz. The die cut bird is adorned with Stickles, also. I heat embossed the word "Hello" in the birdcage with a green embossing powder.
 
The brown and white strips along the top of the card are strips of decorative tape. I've had it so long, it had lost all it stickiness, but it still worked fine with a few dots of glue.
 
I left the inside blank for a personal message. I just love tilted panels.
 
It's been two weeks since I posted a card here. I was afraid it was going to be really hard to get back into cardmaking, but one card is all it takes to get me excited about stamps and paper again.

Be sure to go by the Prickley Pear Rubber Stamps Blog and see what the other ladies on the Design Team have to get your creative juices flowing.
 
Thanks for stopping by today! And, may the New Year bring you good health, pure joy, and overflowing prosperity.
 
~Hugs,
 
Stamps: Bird & Birdcage (Prickley Pear Rubber Stamps); Everyday Sayings (Hero Arts)
Paper: Best of K&Co; The Basics (The Paper Studio)
Ink: Memento, Tim Holtz Distress Ink
Dies: Bird (Prickley Pear Rubber Stamps); Labels Thirteen, Labels Four, Bird Flourishes, Lotus Border Petites (Spellbinders)
Accessories: Glossy Accents; Shimmer Spritz; Stickles; Ribbon (Michaels); embossing powder (Adirondack); Pearl Pen; Decorative Tape (Heidi Swapp); foam dots
Size: A2 (4.25" x 5.5")
Thanks for visiting my blog!
To have Ink Up delivered to your inbox,
subscribe in the box at the top right of the page.

4 comments :

Theresa said...

Hi Darlin'

I totally love this card. All the flower details and flourishes are just beautiful. The pretty pink bird flying above. It's just gorgeous.

Happy New Year friend.

Anonymous said...

Absolutely beautiful! Love the colour scheme and that fabulous flower border!
Happy New Year to you!

Maria said...

Gorgeous card, Cheryl! Love the beautiful paper, flowers, and tiny bird with stickles! Wonderful stunning detail for a fabulous card...great job! Wishing you and family a Happy New Year filled with many blessings!!:-))

Beate said...

I am sorry you and your hubby got hurt. I hope both his knee and your leg will heal fast.
Your card turned out wonderful.
Happy New Year!
Hugs and smiles