A Little Card Break

Thursday, January 26, 2012


Hi Friends! I finally got my craft room semi-organized! I'm slowly converting it from a knitting space to a stamping/paper crafting space and it's a slow process. Once I get all my yarn and knitting paraphernalia sold, I can get really settled in, but for now, I just shift things around as more space opens up. (I'll have some photos of my craft room up tomorrow, since it's finally presentable!)

While I had my craft table completely cleared off, I got out my large self-healing mat, my rotary cutter, some gorgeous fabric, and my sewing machine and did a little sewing. I've been sewing for as long as I can remember, and for years made almost everything I wore, but now it's just for fun, and this bag was definitely fun to make.


I love the coral, aqua, and brown colors. They can easily work year-round, I think. I used my Big Shot for the flowers. Wow, that was so much easier than cutting them by hand!

The bag has a box bottom. Here's a side view:

And, here's a look at the inside. I wish I'd used French seams so there wouldn't have been any exposed seams on the inside, but I didn't think about that until later.


This pattern is simple--and free! If you'd like to make this tote, you can find the pattern here.

Thanks for stopping by! Have a wonderful day!

~Hugs, Cheryl
 
Thanks for visiting my blog!
To have Ink Up delivered to your inbox,
subscribe in the box at the top right of the page.

2 comments :

Sue Lelli said...

I just LOVE this tote! LOVE the colors and the flowers and the brown inside! Gorgeous creation!

Melissa Craig said...

LOVE IT!! I have a thing for bags, purses and containers. This tote is gorgeous!