Flourishes Timeless Tuesday--FTTC154: Peaches

Tuesday, January 31, 2012


[If you are looking for my Tuesday Morning Sketches #131 post, click here]

Hi Blog Friends! Happy Tuesday!!! It's that time again...Flourishes Timeless Tuesday Challenge! This is my last week as a Guest Designer for this challenge, :( and I want to thank the super talented Timeless Tuesday Design Team for allowing me to hang out with them for the past few weeks. I've had a blast, Ladies! :~D

Before I get to the challenge and my card today, I also want to thank the ladies at Lily Pad for choosing my card as the winner in Kathy's Lily Pad Palette Challenge. What a great way to start the week!!!

Now, for this week's Timeless Tuesday challenge, Silke has given us an awesome sketch. Check it out...



And, here's my card:




I stamped the peaches stamp, from the Cherries & Peaches stamp set, in Rich Cocoa Memento ink, colored the image with Copics and cut it out using the out of the box technique. It's mounted onto a Parisian Motif Spellbinders die cut.




The four dp panels behind the peaches are each sewn to a layer of black cs, then rather than stack them, I wove them together because I just couldn't decide which dp I wanted to be most prominent. This way, they get equal billing. :)





The front of the card, while simple, is a little busy, so I wanted to keep the inside fairly plain. I used a sentiment from the Pears stamp set, attached dp triangles to each of the sides of the white cs, then attached that to black cs. 


I really enjoyed working on this card. The sketch gave me an opportunity to play with mixing patterned papers, which I love to do (Lily Pad Patterned Paper Challenge, here I come!). But, also, I recently acquired some of Flourishes' Classic White cardstock for using when I color with my Copics, and, Oh My Gosh...if you use Copics you need to try this cardstock! I was able to blend my colors so much better on it, and bleeding beyond the lines was almost totally non-existent--even with reds. I am by no means an artist, but using this cs sure makes me feel like one! :D

Now, it's your turn. Show us your style with Silke's sketch and link your creation using the Inlinkz widget on Flourishes' Timeless Tuesday FTTC154 blog post by Monday at 6:00 PM EST. One lucky person is going to win a $10 Flourishes gift code! 

It's no longer a challenge requirement to leave comments on all the designers blogs, but you're not going to want to miss their creations this week. Take a gander at what they've created, then grab a big bucket--your creative juices are going to be flowing! ;)


Thanks again, to the ladies of the Timeless Tuesday Design Team, for letting me join you this month! Your talent is inspiring, your enthusiasm, infectious!

And, thanks to YOU, friends, for stopping by today! I hope you have a "peachy" week!

~Hugs,
 
Stamps: Cherries & Peaches, Pears (Flourishes)
Paper: Splendid (Authentique); This & That (Lily Bee Designs); Classic White (Flourishes)
Ink: Copic markers; Distress Ink; Staz-On
Dies: Std Circles Lg, Parisian Motifs (Spellbinders)
Accessories: Rhinestones; sewing thread
Size: 5" Square
Thanks for visiting my blog!
To have Ink Up delivered to your inbox,
subscribe in the box at the top right of the page.

17 comments :

Heather Rogers said...

This is absolutely beautiful Cheryl. I love the yummy peaches and you colored them perfectly. I am going to miss you on the DT here at Flourishes. I hope you still play along. :)
Hugs!

Karen W said...

Very pretty, beautiful coloring on the fruit!!

Corinne said...

stunning card...it has been wonderful seeing all your beautiful designs on Flourishes...
Hugs

Beate said...

Beautiful card, Cheryl! LOVE your coloring and the paper and die choices! Thanks so much for playing along with is this month. We will miss you.
Hugs and smiles

Diane said...

Beautiful...the black just sets everything off so perfectly...enjoyed seeing your Flourishes Designs!!

The Rubber Maid said...

Gorgeous card..everything about it is just beautiful. Wonderful colors and great bg papers. Simply beautiful. Pat

Cindy Haffner said...

Cheryl your card is STUNNING, what FUN it has been having you design with us!!~

Silke Ledlow said...

Cheryl, this is an absolutely gorgeous take on the Sketch! The peaches look sooooo delicious :) ....awesome coloring! LOVE IT!!!

I can't hardly believe that this month has passed so fast....you definitely did a fabulous job and of course we hope to see you soon! Big hugs ~S~

Theresa said...

Cheryl, this card is absolutely stunning!! WOW - gorgeous glow behind the peaches and they look good enough to eat (although I will never put a peach in my mouth again!). I love that paper from Authentique. You will be missed on the Flourishes team. You rocked their challenges.

Mona Pendleton said...

Beautiful card Cheryl! Those peaches look scrumptious! The black doily really makes the color pop. Thanks for sharing your creativity with FTTC ~ hope to see you in future challenges!

stampqueen said...

Beautiful - lovely coloring on the peaches. I love the way you did the background panels over and under each other - great idea!!!

Unknown said...

This is stunning!! I love your coloring, the use of sketch, papers...just breathtaking! So glad you joined with us this month!

Elizabeth said...

Absolutely delicious! Your colouring is exquisite.

Maria said...

Wow, such a gorgeous card with fabulous peaches, Cheryl! You colored the peaches beautifully! Paper and black doily highlight all the goodness! Take care, hugs!!:-))

Carla S. said...

Your card is gorgeous, Cheryl! Beautiful papers and wonderful coloring of the peaches! It was great to meet you yesterday! Looking forward to following you here now!

Pauline said...

Wow, this is stunning! Love those peaches, and your layers of patterned papers!

Anni said...

Wow, what an amzing coloring!