Flourishes Timeless Tuesday--FTTC151: Rose Topiary Birthday

Tuesday, January 10, 2012




Hi Friends! [If you're looking for my Tuesday Morning Sketch challenge post, click here.]It's time for another Flourishes Timeless Tuesday challenge, and this week Tammy has given us an Inspiration Challenge with this photo:












That's about the most festive party decoration I've ever seen, and it's in one of my favorite color combos--pink and orange! I was inspired by the topiary, the colors, and all those polka dots.


I used this fab sketch from My Favorite Things Wednesday Stamp Club #53 for my layout. (Note to Self: Get cracking on those MFTWSC sketches this year!)




And, here's my interpretation:


Could that topiary image from the DIY Topiary stamp set be any more perfect for this? :) The set actually allows you to mix and match topiaries and containers, so I stamped the container first, masked it off, then stamped the topiary. when I colored the roses, I started by coloring them pink, then randomly added orange to them, without trying to be precise with where the strokes landed. The glittery dots are Diamond Stickles, and I added a little to the roses, too.






















I stamped the topiary image in Spun Sugar on the inside of the card. You might notice that it has "grown" since being on the front of the card. It had to be shorter on the front to fit on the die cut I used. Just another benefit of having this image in two pieces.

Feeling inspired? Well, you can get more inspiration from the rest of the Timeless Tuesday Design Team here:

Remember, you can be inspired by anything in the inspiration photo--the colors, the patterns, textures, the topiary--anything at all. Heck, you might even be inspired by that yummy looking bowl of potato chips in the background! :) Use whatever strikes your fancy, create something fab, then link it up on the Flourishes Timeless Tuesday Challenge #151 post by next Monday at 6:00 p.m. EST. I'm excited to see what you create!

Thanks for stopping by, and have a fantastic week!

~Hugs,
 
Stamps: DIY Typiary, Tag Lines (Flourishes); Avignon, Venice (7 Gypsies)
Paper: Sweet Sprinkles-digital (Shabby Princess); Be Happy-digital (Print Candee)
Ink: Tim Holtz Distress Ink; Memento; Copic markers
Dies: Peony, Nested Lacey Pennants (Spellbinders)
Accessories: Scallop Diamond Edger (EK Success); lace-dyed with reinkers; pearl; flowers (Recollections); foam dots; Stickles; jigsaw shaped scissors; sewing thread
Size: A2 (4.25" x 5.5")
Thanks for visiting my blog!
To have Ink Up delivered to your inbox,
subscribe in the box at the top right of the page.


13 comments :

Tina said...

Very beautiful. Love all the details and colors.

Tina
aurathentic@gmail.com

Beate said...

Your take on the image looks wonderful! Great card.
Hugs and smiles

KimCreate said...

Beautiful card!
Kim

Unknown said...

This is such a beautiful card! Fantastic take on the challenge! I love the all details you added.

Marlena M. said...

Wow, beautiful on so many levels! I love your roses and layers. ;)

Cindy Haffner said...

So BEAUTIFUL!!~

Allison Cope said...

Beautiful card using this week's inspiration Cheryl!

Mona Pendleton said...

Beautiful card Cheryl! Love the fancy stitching and glittery flowers!

Silke Ledlow said...

Gorgeous interpretation of the photo Cheryl!! Love it! Hugs ~S~

Tammy Hershberger said...

Wow, we were REALLY on the same wavelength, weren't we? :) I LOVE your take on the photo, Cheryl! Beautiful card, and great, vibrant colors!

Greta said...

Beautifully done! So many patterns & all go together perfectly!

Carla S. said...

Beautiful card, Cheryl! I love the colors and patterns you used! Perfect image and details!

Heather Rogers said...

Absolutely stunning! I love the topiary and pretty shading too. :)
Hugs~