Tuesday Morning Sketches #128: Cheetah Heels

Tuesday, January 10, 2012


Hi Friends! [If you're looking for my Flourishes Timeless Tuesday challenge post, click here.] It's time for another Tuesday Morning Sketch challenge, TMS128, and this week is a judged challenge with an added twist: make it vintage.


Bugaboo Digi Stamps is sponsoring this week's challenge and those cute cheetah heels are one of their images. I colored it twice, fussy cut the front shoe and popped it up on the main image. The heel tip is colored with a gold opaque pen and the bows have a little bit of gold Pearl Pen on them for added shine. The pearl dots around the shoe image is a Pearl Pen, too.

I made the flower with a Carnation Dimensional Punch. The flowers from those kinds of punches always sit up too high for my taste, so after it was finished, I just cut most of the base off and re-glued it with hot glue and it held together fine.


For the inside of the card, I used Flourishes stamps. The soul mates stamp from the Feminine Charms set was perfect for this card. I stamped the decorative flourish on the brown cardstock with Versamark ink, and used a brown pen to doodle on the edges of the red cardstock. This was my first time to try freehand doodling. I was a little nervous about messing up the whole thing, but I think I like it.

In this close up, you can see the red Pearl Pen dots. For the ones on the Beaded Circle die cut, I sponged red ink on the circles before removing the die, then added the Pearl Pen dots. It makes it look like the Pearl Pen dots soaked into the paper, but they didn't. I didn't intend to have that look, but once I saw it I liked it immediately. It adds just a little more vintage-ness to the card.

So, now that you've had a look at my card, you can click on over to the Tuesday Morning Sketches blog and see what the other ladies on the design team have to inspire you. Then, create something fab and link it up. I can't wait to see what you come up with!

Thanks for stopping by today!

 
Stamps: Heels-Cheetah (Bugaboo Digital Stamps); Feminine Charm, Tag Lines, Moments in Time (Flourishes)
Paper: Lille (7Gypsies)
Ink: Tim Holtz Distress Ink; Colorbox; Versamark; Copic Markers
Dies: Labels Sixteen, Labels Fourteen, Curved Rectangles, Std Circles Lg, Beaded Circles (Spellbinders)
Accessories: Carnation Dimensional Punch (EK Success); Velvet Ribbon, Lace (Fancy Pants Design); Jeweled brad (Art Minds); black rhinestone brad (Recollections); Pearl Pen; twine
Size: A2 (4.25" x 5.5")
Thanks for visiting my blog!
To have Ink Up delivered to your inbox,
subscribe in the box at the top right of the page.

6 comments :

Angela said...

Really pretty, Cheryl! I almost picked the shoes myself...I love what you have done with them!

Kristii said...

What a gorgeous card!!! Love those heels!!!

Marie said...

Cheryl, your card is fabulous inside and out! Love the pun and doodling on the inside. As for the outside...wow, the shoes, the distressed paper edges, the lace, the flower, the twine and the vintage embellishment are are superb.

Dawn said...

Wow! I love those shoes! I just wish I could wear heels without a back brace. Beautiful card!

Rae said...

What a GREAT girlfriends card! Yes, love those heels! Thanks for the inspiration!

Kathy said...

How fun are these shoes! Love the colors and all the pearl dots. Gorgeous bow and cameo button, too. The finished inside is stunning, too. A lovely creation!