Sunny Days

Wednesday, January 4, 2012


Hi Friends! I'm back with another card for my notecard set. I really like this one. I'm using the same colors from the CR84FN45 Color Challenge, and this time I'm also using the Mojo Monday sketch challenge #222 for the layout.





I put just a little Crystal Stickles on the flower. In the photo, it looks a bit like dirt, but in person it's nice and sparkly. :)


I forget about using the sewing machine on my cards sometimes, but since I've been teaching my 7-year old how to use her new machine, it's been on my mind and I did quite a bit of stitching on this little card. I just have to be careful and not get too caught up in sewing or before you know it, I'll be wanting to go out and buy fabric instead of stamps and paper! :) I tend to be a craft junkie! My favs, through the years have been cardmaking, bookmaking, knitting, sewing, counted thread embroidery, cross stitch, crochet, quilting, and beadweaving.

What about you? Do you have just one craft you love, or does anything the slightest bit crafty make your li'l ole heart go pitter patter just a little faster?

Thanks for visiting today! Have a crafty one!

~Hugs,
 
Stamps: Sunny Days (Verve Stamps)
Paper: The Basics (The Paper Studio); Pocket Full of Posies (DCWV); Bright Blossom (S.E.I.)
Ink: Tim Holtz Distress Ink
Dies: Classic Scalloped Cir (Spellbinders)
Accessories: Organic Border embossing folder (Cuttlebug); rhinestones; flower; sewing thread; foam dots; Stickles
Size: 4 Bar (3.5" x 4.875")
Thanks for visiting my blog!
To have Ink Up delivered to your inbox,
subscribe in the box at the top right of the page.

8 comments :

ChristineCreations said...

I LOVE your fun stitching, and the great colors for this sunny card!

Mynn xx said...

Oh, this is amazing!!! LOVE all that stitching--it's a fabulous touch to a wonderful card! I really love the dry embossing on the pennant and that small yellow flower is a superb touch. :) Can you tell I LOVE this?!

Unknown said...

Such a warm and happy card. It is like a hug in an envelope :) Great job.

Jani
papercompulsions.blogspot.com

Kristii said...

What a delightfully happy card!!! Makes me want to sing!! Love the warm, inviting colors and all the little details are fabulous!

Deborah Frings said...

I like this one - the stitching is fab, particularly like the yellow on the blue! This is going to be a fab note set. Thanks for playing along with CR84FN!

Shannon White said...

Ooooh, This is just Wonderful Miss Cheryl! You really rocked the Mojo sketch & the colors too! Love this! so PRETTY! 8-)

Hugs
Shannon

carole (TruCarMa) said...

So bright and sunny! Your different colored stitching rocks. Love your interpretation of this week's Mojo Monday sketch! :)

Suzanne Russell said...

Wow! The layers and the stitching are so eye-catching. Just makes me smile to look at it! :-)