Lavender Daisy and a Tote

Saturday, April 28, 2012

Hello again...I'm baaaack! I've got one more card to share with you today, as well as a sewing project. I'll start with the sewing project, as I only have one photo for that.


I made this quilted tote bag for a friend I met when I first started my blog, about nine months ago--Hi, Heather! (I posted a similar tote bag here, where you can also find a link for the free pattern, but I used French seams inside this one so the seam edges are enclosed.) Heather probably has no idea how much she helped me back then, answering all kinds of questions, critiquing my blog, and giving me encouragement when I thought I was never going to get blogging or cardmaking figured out. I've still got a lot to learn, but at least now I know it's not impossible. Thanks for getting me through the hardest part, Girl!!! Couldn't have done it without you! :D I'll get this in the mail to you on Monday.


Now on to the card.

I used the colors from The Play Date Cafe Challenge #129, of Dusk, Magenta, and Seedling--a luscious palette!
I stamped the daisy with Staz On ink, then used chalk and a wet paintbrush to color it. The edges of the image panel were torn with a deckle ruler, then I sponged Distress Ink on it. The lavender and green panels are all dry embossed. The bg layer was embossed with a Sizzix embossing plate. It's subtle, but you can see the squares if you look closely.

I made an envelope for this card using my Martha Stewart Scoreboard. Because the paper is patterned, I added pieces of solid cardstock for the mailing address and return address, and the scalloped border is decorative.


The inside is partially lined with paper that coordinates with the card. I really like making matching envelopes for my cards, but they are too time-consuming to do it often. 
Well, that will do it for me tonight.

I'll be entering this card in the following challenges:

Thanks for stopping by...again! :)

~Hugs,
 
Stamps: Watercolor Daisy (Hampton Art)
Paper: Best of Brenda Walton (K&Co); watercolor paper
Ink: Distress Ink; Staz On
Accessories: Chalk; deckle ruler; Real Estate Sign Large punch, Scallop Diamond Edge punch (EK Success); Corner Chomper; Swiss Dot embossing folder, Script Texture embossing folder (Cuttlebug); Squares embossing plate (Sizzix); twine (The Twinery); foam dots; scoreboard (for envelope)
Size: A6 (4.5" x 6.25")
Thanks for visiting my blog!
To have Ink Up delivered to your inbox,
subscribe in the box at the top right of the page.

12 comments :

Heather Rogers said...

OMG!!! Seriously? That is beautiful Cheryl! I am so happy that I could have helped you in any way. This is a tough world and it is hard to find your niche in it. I had to have help too! You are a wonderful blog friend and I am happy we met here in blogland! The card and tote are stunning. I am actually currently carrying a bag that my MIL quilted. I just told her last weekend that I needed another one so I had options to choose from. I wear a lot of jeans so this will match perfectly!

Thank you thank you thank you!
Hugs~

Danni said...

Your card and envelope are just so pretty!! Fabulous job! Thanks for playing along with the Pixie's at Pixie Dust Studio!

Sue Lelli said...

Cheryl, Heather is one LUCKY girl! That bag is just GORGEOUS and it's so NICE of YOU to thank her for helping you! LOVE your card, too! And the envelope is so pretty!

Mau xx said...

Great card Cheryl, love the colours and the image is so pretty love the envelope to match, They do take time but worth it.
Thank you for taking part in MAWTT challenge, Your tote bag is so flowery it would have been a perfect entry on its own...lol
Hugs Mau xx

Arnoldo L. Romero, MLA said...

I like your card, but I love your envelope. It coordinates perfectly with your card and it's very nicely done. Blessings!

Hazel (Didos) said...

WOW the card is amazing, I love those 2 colours together they are brilliant, What a great envelope too.
The tote bag is really sweet too. Thanks for playing on MAWTT this week, Hazelxox

Nikbee said...

I love the quilted bag. The fabric is wonderful. The card is gorgeous. I love the colours.
Thank you for your lovely comment on my blog.
Nikki x

Mona Pendleton said...

Such a pretty card! Love the whimsical flower and all the embossing!

Audrey Pettit said...

OMGoodness, you sew, too? LOVE that bag, Girl! How fabulous! And what a stunning card!

Shelby said...

This is just too awesome~ Love the purples and greens together and the envelope is fabby!! And aren't you just the talented creative chica...beautiful bag as well.

Shelby

Alicia said...

What a lovely card, and that envlope just takes the cake! Thanks for sharing with us at The Play Date Cafe! :)

Stacy said...

Amazing job on this weeks challenge. Love the twine and embossing on the card and way to rock the envelope! Thanks for playing along with us at The Play Date Cafe!