Sweet Baby

Monday, April 23, 2012

For my Week 4 Our Craft Lounge April Artist of the Month post, click here.

Hi Friends! Hope you're having a great start for the week. The card I'm sharing with you today is a baby shower card. Four of my nieces are having babies before the end of the year, so I figured I better get busy making cards for them.

I don't know if the babies will be boys or girls, but I figured, out of four, at least one should be a girl, so I made this card pink.


I used the Viva la Verve April 2012 Week 4 sketch. Instead of the arrow shape, I went with scalloped ovals that look a bit like clouds.

I used Glossy Accents on the moon and Stickles on the stars.

Here's a look at the inside.


I'm going to try to make my posts a little shorter, so I won't go into how I made this card, but if you have any questions, please send me an email or post a comment and I'll get back to you quickly. Also, you will find links to some of the products I used at the end of this post.

I'll be entering this card in the following challenges:
Viva la Verve April 2012 Week 4
Color Throwdown #188
Crafty Friends Challenge #2: Use Two Die Cuts
Little Darlings Challenge #21: Pastels
Whimsy Stamps Challenge #35: Punches or Die Cuts

Thanks for stopping by, and have a wonderful week!

~Hugs,
 
Stamps: Moon Baby digital stamp (Pink Gem Designs); Tiny Flowers & Tags (Flourishes); Summer Afternoon (Taylored Expressions); Blessings (Michaels)
Paper: Splendid (Authentique); Vellum
Ink: Copic markers; Distress Ink; Memento
Dies: Blossom Nestie; Big Scalloped Ovals Sm (Spellbinders)
Accessories: Scallop Diamond Edge Punch (EK Success); ribbon; rhinestones; Stickles; Glossy Accents
Size: A2 (4.25" x 5.5")
Thanks for visiting my blog!
To have Ink Up delivered to your inbox,
subscribe in the box at the top right of the page.

11 comments :

TesaB said...

Ohhh, what a sweet card. The stamp is darling!!!

Lovely Linda said...

Awww - this is gorgeous inside and out! Your dies are perfect with this darling image! Thanks for joining us at Crafty Friends - we love to see you! {{{hugs}}}

Maria said...

Awww...beautiful sweet baby card, Cheryl! The baby image is just darling! Perfect coloring! A stunning baby card inside and out! Take care and have a great week, hugs!!:-))

Carla S. said...

Beautiful baby card, Cheryl! What a sweet image!

Jeanne J. said...

Ooooh! How sweet is this? Love your image and your coloring. Beautiful baby card!

Theresa said...

So totally adorable. I want to be that baby and sleep on the moon! Fabulous coloring and shading. Love the pink!!

Heather Rogers said...

Just darling! I am sure they will love it. :)

Hugs~

Shelby said...

OH so soft and sweet and love the different sentiments.

Shelby

Conniecrafter said...

Oh is that ever precious, love how you did the sentiment on the clouds!

Wanda Cullen said...

Sounds like a real baby boom in your family...how fun to look forward to the new little ones! Adorable card and a great use of the throwdown colors! Thanks for playing along with us!

Janet said...

Hi Cheryl, your card is just gorgeous! sounds like you will be doing lots of baby sitting soon! x