Our Craft Lounge--April Artist of the Month: Spring Up

Monday, April 9, 2012

Hello, Friends! I hope you had a wonderful Easter weekend, filled with family, worship, good food, and relaxing fun! If you have a little one, I'm guessing that the Easter Bunny made a visit to your house, too. He certainly made his annual stop to our house, to the delight of my DD. She has always loved the Easter Bunny.  We might miss getting a Santa photo on occasion, but we always make a trip to see the Big Bunny! So fun!

I'm back for Week 2 as Our Craft Lounge's April Artist of the Month, and the card I want to share with you today is an Easter card, featuring the cutest little bunny. He's from the stamp set, Hoppin' Into Spring.
To make this card, I first stamped the bunny, then masked him off before stamping the garden at his feet. Don't you just love his little coat? He reminds me of Beatrix Potter's Peter Rabbit.



I used my Copics to color everything, then masked the bunny and garden, hand drew a couple of cloud masks, then used my Copic airbrush to color the sky and ground. When I colored the sky, I used the blunt end of my Copic for a smooth finish. For the ground, I used the brush end of the marker to get a stippled look. I used a gold Pearl Pen to add a button to the jacket, and gave the eggs some sparkle with Stickles. I used a Scoring Board to score lines close to the edges of the image layer. Thanks, Shannon, for that fantastic idea!


For the "dirt," I used Brown Sugar Sparkly Fluff, which is quickly becoming one of my favorite products. I love that it completely covers whatever it is on, and it has just enough glitter to liven up your image without overpowering it. Plus, it is SO soft. I just ordered most of the colors and can't wait to find fun ways to use them!

The purple embellishment on my twine bow is another clay embellishment that I made. I made the mold from a Tim Holtz button. I used white clay, painted it with acrylic paint, then brushed just a little Distress Ink Reinker over that. After it dried, I used my gold calligraphy pen to add a few highlights, then I coated it in a satin gloss finish. It is hot glued on top of the bow.

The sentiment on the inside of the card is from the same stamp set. I added the lines under "you" with a black marker. 

The Hoppin' Into Spring stamp set is great for an Easter card, but one of the things I love about it is that it is really versatile. It includes a spring sentiment about dirt, several gardening images, and an adorable image of the bunny upside down in a watering can. Plus, if you make the eggs white or brown, or even add tiny dimensional flowers over the eggs in the basket, the image I used today could be used anytime, not just for Easter.

Well, that's all for me today. If you're not already a follower of the Our Craft Lounge Blog, you should check it out. They have fun challenges and the Design Team is super talented. And, you can see all the wonderful stamp sets and Sparkly Fluff colors here.

I'll also be entering this card in the Little Darlings Challenge 20: Outside.

Thanks for stopping by! I'll be back tomorrow with a new Tuesday Morning Sketches card. Hope to see you then. 

~Hugs,
 
Stamps: Hoppin' Into Spring (Our Craft Lounge)
Paper: Abrianna (K&Co)
Ink: Copics; Memento; Distress Ink
Dies: Big Scalloped Ovals Sm, Labels Thirteen (Spellbinders)
Accessories: Twine (The Twinery); Sparkly Fluff (Our Craft Lounge); Pearl Pen; Enamel Accents; Liquid Pearls; Stickles; handmade clay embellishment
Size: A2 (4.25" x 5.5")
Thanks for visiting my blog!
To have Ink Up delivered to your inbox,
subscribe in the box at the top right of the page.

11 comments :

ccjohncc said...

I found my way to you by happenstance and am so glad I did! It never ceases to amaze me how many worlds their are in our world. I just wanted to say thanks for your sharing your talented artistic expressions. You may have started me on a new journey. ;)

John D in Virginia Beach

Unknown said...

Fabulous image Chreyl. what a lovely card I love this one . Your colours are beautiful .Hope you enjoyed your Easter too.
Hugs Elaine

Unknown said...

CHERYL .....oops so sorry Typo I'm getting old thats what it is :)

May said...

Stunning card, such a cute bunny and coloured to perfection!!! Beautiful, Hugs May x x x

Carla S. said...

Beautiful card, Cheryl! I love the image and how you colored it! Fantastic design and details!

Maria said...

Wow! Where do I begin?! Super adorable bunny image! This card is fabulous, Cheryl! The masking, clay embellishment, coloring, and "fluff dirt"! So many great techniques on this stunning card...love it!!! Take care, hugs!!:-))

Conniecrafter said...

Such a cute little scene you have made, love the coloring and the dirt looks so real that is some neat stuff, hadn't heard of it

Joan Ervin said...

OMG!!! This is gorgeous!!! I love the bunny image and your coloring is fantastic!!!! Your ground looks fabulous, too...I have got to get some of that fluff!!!!!

Janiel/ janny said...

antther BEAUTIFUL, STUNNING card....


Thanks for joining us with the outside challenge at Little Darlings..
hugs......

Audrey Pettit said...

What a fabulous Easter card, Cheryl! I love that sweet image, and love the scene you created. Your coloring is fabulous. Love the glittered eggs and the clouds in the sky. The fluff is the perfect touch for the ground. So sweet! Totally reminds me of Peter Rabbit, too. :)

Shelby said...

Gorgeous work with your copics and the brown sparkly flock looks so real.

Shelby