It's a Hoot!

Thursday, April 26, 2012

Hi Friends! Hope you are having an excellent week! I've been busy reading The Hunger Games series and haven't been able to pull myself away! Have you read it? What an exciting story! I can't believe it took me so long to finally get around to reading it. Now I can't wait to see the movie!

But, on to the good stuff, right? ;)

My SIL asked me to make a birthday card for her new DIL, who is enamored with owls. Ashley is so much fun to be around, I couldn't resist making a fun card for her. (I don't think she sees my blog often, but if you do, Ashley, just pretend the card is a surprise, okay) *~D
















The Viva la Verve April 2012 Week 3 sketch and color palette from the ColourQ #134 challenge worked great together for this card.


I used Copics and lots of Stickles to dress the owl, and I sewed a line through the center of the leafy sprigs die cuts to give them added interest.


The main sentiment was typed in Word, printed on a transparency and rubbed onto the cardstock. Being an owl-lover, I'm hoping Ashley knows that a family of owls is called a parliament, but if not, I'll make sure my SIL knows, so she can explain it. The Happy Birthday sentiment is a stamp. 

I had a lot of fun making this card. Thanks for letting me share it with you.

I'll be entering this card in the following challenges:
Viva la Verve April 2012 Week 3 Sketch Challenge
ColourQ Challenge #134
Creative Craft Challenge 2: Animal Antics
Little Darlings Challenge 22: Flowers
Simon Says Stamp Challenge: Anything Goes

Thanks for stopping by and have a HOOT of a day! :D

~Hugs,
 
Stamps: Gem Stone Birds (Inkadinkado); Greetings (TPC Studio)
Paper: Happily Lost (Lily Bee Design)
Ink: Distress Ink; Memento; Copics
Dies: Peony Nestie, Fair Isle Pendant, Curved Rectangle, Fancy Tags (Spellbinders); Leafy Sprigs (Verve)
Accessories: Paper Lace II embossing folder (Cuttlebug); seam binding (Hug Snug); mini round gems; flowers; foam dots; Stickles; sewing thread; transparency (to make rub on sentiment)
Size: A2 (5.5" x 4.25")
Thanks for visiting my blog!
To have Ink Up delivered to your inbox,
subscribe in the box at the top right of the page.

15 comments :

Carla S. said...

This is so cute, Cheryl! Love the colors and the sparkly owl! Great card!

Marie said...

What a delightful card, Cheryl. Love the different layers, very eye catching. The stitching through the leaf is a wonderful addition.

Audrey Pettit said...

Oh, this is SO cute, Cheryl! Love the seam binding bow with the fabulous leaves and flower, and that owl is absolutely adorable!

Sylvia said...

What a fun card, Cheryl, love all the papers and patterns you used! Thanks for joining us this week at the ColourQ.

Nikbee said...

A wonderful card. I love the glittery owl. Thank you for joining us at Creative Craft.
Nikki x

Joan Ervin said...

This is sooo cute, Cheryl, and perfect for an owl lover!!! Your sparkly little owl is adorable and what a pretty bow!!!

Christina said...

Your owl is totally cute, Cheryl! This card is just so much fun, and I love the stitched details. Thanks for joining us this week at the ColourQ!

Conniecrafter said...

Oh Wow is that ever cool, she is going to Love it, when I first saw the owl before I read I thought for sure it must be an embroidered owl, what a neat touch all the glitter brings to it!

Unknown said...

what a pretty card! I love all the texture and mix of colors:) Thanks for playing ColourQ this week!

Tracey McNeely said...

So cute, I love the glittery owl.

Heather said...

A stunning creation, your design and colours are stunning and your design are fantastic and I love the owl.

Thanks so much for joining the Simon Says Stamp challenge
hugs
Heather xx

Mandy said...

Gorgeous card Cheryl, super cute little owl and the texture look fab.
Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp
hugs Mandy xx

Judith said...

This is so cute - thanks for playing along at creative craft challenges this week and good luck hugs Judith x

sara said...

beautiful card love the ribbon flower thanks so much for joining us at little darlings this week
hugs sara x x

Lorraine A said...

Gorgeous card Cheryl :-) such a cute owl and the texture is amazing ,, it looks like fabric !! so pretty :-)

thanks for joining us on the Simon Says Stamp Challenge and you are the lucky winner of a choice of 2 stamp sets from Paper Smooches !! :-)

luv
Lols x x x