Tuesday Morning Sketch Challenge #143: Tinkerbell Birthday Card

Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Hi Friends, and Happy Tuesday! It's time for the Tuesday Morning Sketch Challenge! Yaaaah! This week our sponsor is Sassy Studio Designs--isn't that Little Honey's Tinkerbell image sweet!
Our sketch, this week, is one that gives you a lot of room to play, adding as much or as little as you'd like.

I matted my layers with black cs, sewed one of the panels with a meandering stitch, and framed my image with pieces of a Parisian Accent border die cut. I love that diagonally striped dp that I used as the bg design.  It really frames the rest of the card nicely.

Tinkerbell is colored with Copics and I used Stickles on her wings, and a white opaque pen on her teeth and the highlights in her eyes. I'm still learning to color hair, and I was fairly pleased with how Tink's hair turned out here, but my DD informed me that Tink has yellow hair, not brown. :) I sponged Spun Sugar Distress Ink around the edges of the image layer while it was still in the die.

The inside of the card is simple. I used an edge punch on the corners of the black cs--not my neatest job, but I'm learning to embrace non-perfection, ;) and I used scraps from the front of the card to cut the two die cut accent pieces. The sentiment is from the In the Park stamp set from Taylored Expressions.

Now, don't you want to come play with us at Tuesday Morning Sketches? It's always a blast! Head on over there and see what the rest of the DT has to inspire you and be sure to visit their blogs. Melissa has one of the best DT's around. I can't wait to see what you create!!!

I'll be entering this card in the following challenges:


Thanks for stopping by, and enjoy the rest of the week!

~Hugs!
 
Stamps: Little Honey's Tinkerbell digital stamp (Sassy Studio Designs); In the Park (Taylored Expressions)
Paper: Kissing Booth, Sweet Threads (Basic Grey); Fairy Flora (Prima)
Ink: Memento; Copics; Distress Ink; white opaque pen
Dies: Classic Ovals Sm and Lg, Parisian Accents, Curved Rectangles, Bird Flourishes, Lattice Pendant (Spellbinders)
Accessories: Morocco Lace Edge Punch (EK Success); ribbon (Taylored Expressions); rhinestones; sewing thread; Stickles; foam dots
Size: A2 (4.25" x 5.5")
Thanks for visiting my blog!
To have Ink Up delivered to your inbox,
subscribe in the box at the top right of the page.

16 comments :

Carla S. said...

Great card, Cheryl! Love the colors and papers and cute image! Great coloring and sparkle!

Heather Rogers said...

She is too cute! Great job coloring her. :)

Hugs~

Bernie said...

This is breathtaking Cheryl! Your coloring is AMAZING! Tell DD Tink got a die job. :) I love her hair and the sparkle on her wings.
Hugs

Angela said...

This is just gorgeous, Cheryl! Your coloring is amazing...not to mention to sparkles! Love sparkle.... Awesome card!

Mona Pendleton said...

Adorable card Cheryl! Love her shimmery wings!

Shelby said...

Beautiful card! Her hair looks fantastic and you've added in some wonderful texture.

Shelby

Sarah said...

This is so adorable Cheryl, I love the image and all the gorgeous detail. Thank you for joining us at Whimsy Stamps this week, good luck with the challenge x

Anonymous said...

Really gorgeous! Thanks for joining us at Little Darling Challenges. hugs, Angela

Heather said...

Hi Cheryl, thanks so much for your visit and comment.
Your card is gorgeous, it is a stunning design, your details are great and your image is adorable - beautifully coloured.
hugs
Heather xx

Conniecrafter said...

Oh my is she ever adorable, great coloring, (even the hair ;) I love how you did the wings, and it is lovely inside too!

Marie said...

Tink is my favorite Disney character and I think you did a marvelous job coloring her hair. Love the sStickle wings and the meandering sewing.

Maria said...

Just love what you did with this card, Cheryl! The Tinkerbell image is stunning! Perfect coloring...so SWEET! Gorgeous hair coloring and lovely glittery wings! One of my favs...LOVE IT!!!

Theresa said...

She's fabulous!! Look at those eyes and her hair is awesome. I love the glitter. The card has such wonderful texture. FABULOUS!!

Mary Jo said...

So beautiful and feminine! Gorgeous colors and details. Thanks for joining us at DYSU.

Kathy said...

Cheryl, this is Sooooo pretty. Love your coloring, the variation of color on the wings is fabulous. Such great papers, too. Think you did a rockin' job on the hair.

Jessica G. said...

Gorgeous coloring and those wings are amazing! Beautiful card!!