Hey Lady!

Friday, April 6, 2012

Hello Friends! I'm heading out to the grocery store, so this will be short and sweet. The Flourishes Timeless Tuesday Challenge #163 this week is to create a birthday card. What great timing--I needed a birthday card for a friend next week! I went with a vintage look so I could join in the fun at Crafty Friends Challenges, a brand new challenge hosted by Beate Johns. If you haven't seen her work, be sure to check out her personal blog, Fresh & Fun. I assure you, you will be Wowed! She's also assembled a super crafty DT. I can't wait to see the projects they have in store for us!

For this card, I used the Deconstructed Sketch #46 for my layout.




















And the color palette of CR84FN51.
And, here's what I came up with:
It's hard to see in the photo, but the layer behind the flowers is actually white card stock that was stamped with a floral background stamp in light blue.


This is my first time to use the dress form image, but it certainly won't be my last. I colored the pearl necklack with a pink Copic and the one hanging from the belt with a yellow Copic. Stickles are used on the chains, the "jewels" hanging from the belt, and also on the belt buckle.

And, on the inside:


I used the same floral background stamp on the inside that I did on the white panel on the front of the card. If you click on the photo, I think you'll be able to see it. It's actually a really pretty stamp.

I'll be entering this card in the following challenges:
Flourishes Timeless Tuesday Challenge #163
Crafty Friends Challenge #1: Vintage
Deconstructed Sketch #46
CR84FN51: Pink, Peach, Light Blue

And, that's it for me today. Thanks for stopping by, and I hope you have a wonderful weekend and a Happy, Happy Easter!

~Hugs,
 
Stamps: Feminine Charm (Flourishes); Fancy Floral Background (Stamp Camp)
Paper: Annalee (Prima); Sweetness (Pink Paislee)
Ink: Copics; Distress Ink; Colorbox
Dies: Fancy Tags Three (Spellbinders)
Accessories: Pearls; Flowers; Lace; Sewing Thread; Stickles
Size: A2 (4.25" x 5.5")
Thanks for visiting my blog!
To have Ink Up delivered to your inbox,
subscribe in the box at the top right of the page.

16 comments :

Carla S. said...

Gorgeous card, Cheryl! I love the papers and trims and the wonderful dress form image! Pretty flowers! Have a wonderful Easter!

Pauline said...

How beautiful Cheryl, I love this dress form image, and the papers and clever stamping are fabulous!
Thanks for joining us at CR84FN this week!

Beate said...

Gorgeous card, Cheryl!
Thanks so much for participating in our first challenge. Have a happy Easter!
Hugs and smiles

Sasha said...

Fabulous card, Cheryl. I love how you coloured your dress form...gorgeous!
I have this set of Flourishes stamps, and used the shoe on my card x

Amanda said...

Oh Wow! You made my heart go pitter-patter THUD! I love, love your card and your gorgeous papers!! I've always loved this stamp set, myself :)
Thank you for joining us for Flourishes Timeless Tuesday!

~Amanda

Marie said...

Wonderful vintage card, Cheryl. Love the embellishment that you used on the dress form. happy Easter.

Leslie Miller said...

A beautiful choice for the vintage challenge, and such a lovely job you did on your card! I love this style. I can hardly believe I haven't used this dress form yet. Gorgeous papers, colors, and details.

Theresa said...

Hi Cheryl, what a beautiful card. Love the image and what great papers you've used here. Fabulous creation. Love the pearls.

Shelby said...

Amazing vintage design! And your coloring is just impeccable. Beautiful work

Shelby

Silke Ledlow said...

TOTALLY GORGEOUS! I love this feminine birthday card! Perfect details and your rocked the colors & sketch challenge as well. Thanks for playing along again...hugs ~S~

Heather Rogers said...

Stunning Cheryl! Thanks for playing in my 2 favorite challenges...CR84FN and FTTC. :)

Deborah Frings said...

Such an elegant and beautiful dress form! Love the flowers and they way you've echoed them on the card. Just lovely. Thank you for playing along with CR84FN!

Sue Lelli said...

Cheryl, so PRETTY, inside and out! LOVE the papers and the dress form and the pearl necklace! Pretty flowers, too! THX for playing with us at CR84FN!

Charmaine (CharmWarm) said...

Cheryl, this is SO pretty!

Marybeth said...

Gorgeous card and I love your coloring and stamping. Such pretty flowers as well.

Teresa Zuehls said...

Gorgeous card and take on the sketch! I love the pearls and stickles. TFS.