TMS #177: Merry Christmas to Ewe

Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Hi Friends! Well, it's exactly one week until Christmas, and I still haven't mailed my Christmas cards! I have got to get on the stick!!! At least all my shopping, wrapping, and decorating is finished. :) How are you doing with your holiday preparations?




It's time for another Tuesday Morning Sketch Challenge, and this week's sketch is an easy one, so jump in with us for a chance at a prize from our fab sponsor, Bugaboo Digital Stamps. They generously provided images for the team this week, and I think you'll love all of the ones we chose.
Isn't this little guy adorable? Having been an obsessed knitter for many, many years, I still have a soft spot in my heart for all things wooly. I needed the image printed on white cs, since I wanted to color it with Copics, but I wanted a colored background, so I layered the image on top of a digital paper in my photo editing program (I use Paint Shop Pro X2). The edges of all the layers are sponged with Distress Ink. See those little glittery gems behind the sheep? Those are Clear Mini Round Gems from Michael's. After I glued them to the card, I covered them with red Stickles. I wasn't sure how well it would stick, but it ended up turning out great. Even up close you can't tell that they weren't manufactured like this.

I used my Snow Marker to give some texture to his fleece.



Check out his ears! The Snow Marker worked like a charm on them. They even feel a bit like fleece.

Sparkly Fluff was perfect for the trim on his hat.

The eyes have Glossy Accents on them.

The sentiment on the inside of the card is part of the image from Bugaboo, but instead of printing it directly onto cs, I used my trusty transparency sheet and made my own rub-on. The sentiment comes in black, but it's easy to change the color in Word to anything you want it to be. The little ornament and Christmas tree are stamps from the Hero Arts Holiday Sayings Christmas set.

See, this is a simple sketch that won't take you any time to whip into something fab. So, why don't you hop on over to the Tuesday Morning Sketch Challenge blog, check out the rest of the DT's wonderful creations, then show us what you can do by linking up your own take on the sketch. 

If I get busy, maybe I'll be able to get my cards addressed today and have them in the mail tomorrow, so at least they'll get where they are supposed to go before Christmas Eve!

Thanks for stopping by, and have a Merry Week!

~Hugs,
 
Stamps: Merry Christmas to Ewe (Bugaboo Digital Stamps); Holiday Sayings Christmas CL343 (Hero Arts)
Paper: Traveler (My Mind's Eye); Christmas Damask Paper Pack Digi (Print Candee)
Ink: Copic markers; Distress Ink; White Gel Pen
Dies: A2 Matting Basics A; Labels 4
Accessories: Mini Round Gems; Stickles; Sparkly Fluff (Our Craft Lounge); Glossy Accents; Snow Marker (Marvy)
Size: A2 (4.25" x 5.5")
Thanks for visiting my blog!
To have Ink Up delivered to your inbox,
subscribe in the box at the top right of the page.

8 comments :

Debbie said...

This is sooo cute!! I love the wooly texture you created on him!!

Jessi Fogan said...

Today is Christmas Card day for me too! I don't think all of them will arrive on time, but hey, no one puts away the tree on the 25th either :) Better late than never!
I love the punny sentiment (of course!) and those sparkled gems? Perfect!

Laura said...

So cute! Punny sentiments are my weakness, and I love this one! And I wish I could find one of those snow markers! I searched high and low locally, and can't seem to find them anywhere! Love the texture it adds!

Angela said...

Really cute, inside and out; love the texture on the lamb too!

Carla S. said...

Your card is adorable, Cheryl! Love the DP and the texture on the lamb! I just mailed my first batch of cards today and need to go finish the rest! Can't believe I've waited until the last minute again!

Conniecrafter said...

Fun and cute image, gotta love that expression, neat sketch for it!

Grandma Bonnie said...

Cheryl, your cards have been are ARE super adorable..i love the work you put into them. The shelf elf photos..so made me smile and i love seeing your daughter smile!

Melissa Craig said...

Great card Cheryl. I love all the texture and what gorgeous digi paper.