TMS #175: Splendor of Nature

Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Hi Friends! If it's Tuesday, then you know it's time for another Tuesday Morning Sketch Challenge!


This week's sponsor is Sweet n Sassy Stamps, and Melissa's sketch is one that is wide open for your own personal spin. I bought a new Hero Arts stamp a few weeks ago and have been dying to use it, and this sketch was perfect. :)

I love the look of this stamp because you are stamping the background, not the trees. I used a silver shimmer cs to give the trees and snow-covered ground that silvery look that bare trees get in moonlight, and heat embossed the image with super fine embossing powder so that all those delicate branches stayed crisp. The image layer is mounted on a piece of celery colored dp, and finally on a layer of black cs. Rather than try to miter cs to get the 45 degree lines that are in the sketch, I used my scoreboard and scored diagonal lines on white cs. Then, just for fun, I added three short lines along each side of the panel...kind of an art deco look. I considered using a stylus to emboss dots on either side of each diagonal line, but in the end went with a white opaque Pearl Pen. The center of the twine bow is just a black button that I covered in Glossy Accents then sprinkled with glitter.


For the inside of the card, I stamped the same sentiment that I used in my card last Tuesday (I can see that that stamp is going to get a LOT of use), then using Pear Tart and London Fog Memento Inks, I randomly stamped snowflakes. (To keep them subtle, I stamped off once before stamping the card.)

I hope you'll join us for this week's challenge! You can see all the awesome creations from the rest of the team, as well as our newest Best of the Best Guest Designer, Lee Murphy, on the Tuesday Morning Sketch Challenge blog, then play along by linking up your own card there, as well.

Thanks for stopping by today, and have a great week!

~Hugs,
 
Stamps: Winter Trees (Hero Arts); Beauty of Nature Christmas Greeting (DRS Designs); Small Snowflake 2 (Prickley Pear Rubber Stamps)
Paper: Susan Winget: Glad Tidings (K&Co); Shimmer Stack (DCWV)
Ink: Memento; Versamark; Distress Ink
Dies: A2 Matting Basics A & B (Spellbinders)
Accessories: Scoreboard; Superfine Detail Embossing Powder (Ranger); Distress Stickles Dry Glitter; brads; twine (The Twinery); Glitter; Glossy Accents; Pearl Pen; button
Size: A2 (4.25" x 5.5")
Thanks for visiting my blog!
To have Ink Up delivered to your inbox,
subscribe in the box at the top right of the page.

12 comments :

nwilliams6 said...

This is a great image and you had a wonderful idea doing it on silvery glimmer paper! Has a wonderfully elegant and peaceful look. I really like how you did that scoring too - very creative.

Carla S. said...

Gorgeous card, Cheryl! It's so elegant with the neutrals and the shimmery paper!

Laura said...

Cheryl, this is stunning! The image is beautiful, and I love the scored details you've added around the frame. Great use of the sketch!

Shelby said...

Amazingly beautiful Christmas card! Love love love this stamp and it looks beautiful against the white cardstock.

Shelby

Debbie said...

This is so beautiful and elegant!! I love how you made the 'frame'!!

Maria said...

Just absolutely gorgeous, Cheryl! Those trees are so shimmery and stunning! Love this card...great job!!!

Conniecrafter said...

Lovely stamping, it is perfect for this sketch and perfect sentiment for the inside!

Sue Lelli said...

OMGosh! This is Splendiferous, Cheryl! LOVE the black background, too! Stunning card!

Jessi Fogan said...

It'll get lots of use because it's perfect :) Gotta love those sentiments that really say what you want!
Absolutely gorgeous, Cheryl - I love the non-traditional colours!

Angela said...

Gorgeous...so classy!

Melissa Craig said...

Your card is stunning Cheryl. I love the embossed frame and that stamp is so elegant!

Stacy Morgan said...

Thud... This is gorgeous! Oh wow...