TMS #176: Dear Santa

Tuesday, December 11, 2012


Hi Friends! I'm super excited about this week's Tuesday Morning Sketch Challenge because...drum roll, please...I designed the sketch!
This is my very first sketch, and I hope you like it! It was fun to design, but "drawing" it on the computer was hard. Sure makes me appreciate all the beautifully rendered sketches out there a lot more. ;)

Our awesome sponsor for this challenge is Close to My Heart Demonstrator, Debbie. I'd never heard of CTMH before now, but after using their stamps this week, you can bet I'll be going shopping there real soon. :)
This week is our judged challenge, which includes a "twist," in addition to the sketch. The twist is "non-traditional Christmas." You can interpret the twist any way you want, but I chose to use the non-traditional colors of blue, brown, and green. I heat embossed the "Dear Santa" text and stamped a "splatter" on that panel to give a little texture to it. The edges of each die cut, as well as the edges of the bg and the dry embossed scroll were sponged with Distress Ink.

The rocking horse is a CTMH stamp, which I colored with Copics, fussy cut, and popped up with foam dots.

On the inside, I heat embossed the "I Believe" sentiment with gold glitter embossing powder. It didn't show up as well as I wanted, so I also stamped over that with a dark green Memento ink, offsetting the stamp to create a shadow effect. Since the music sheet dp is such a light color, I used it for my signature panel, rather than a solid cs. The "Happiest of Holidays" stamp is from Flourishes.

I hope you'll play along with us this week, and give my sketch a try! For plenty of inspiration, be sure to visit the Tuesday Morning Sketch Challenge blog to see the rest of the DT's beautiful creations and to link up your project, too.

Thanks for stopping by, and have a happy week!

~Hugs,

 
Stamps: Christmas Delights Holiday (Close to My Heart); Sentimental Christmas (Flourishes); C-A-C Spatter (Impression Obsession)
Paper: Madeline (Prima)
Ink: Versamark; Distress; Memento; Copics
Dies: Classic Ovals Sm, Classic Scalloped Ovals Sm, Classic Rectangles Sm & Lg, Labels 18, Fleur de Lis Squares, A2 Matting Basics B (Spellbinders)
Accessories: Organic embossing folder (Cuttlebug); Zing embossing powder; ribbon; pearls; flower; foam dots
Size: A2 (4.25" x 5.5")
Thanks for visiting my blog!
To have Ink Up delivered to your inbox,
subscribe in the box at the top right of the page.

8 comments :

Carla S. said...

Great sketch, Cheryl and gorgeous card! Love the vintage-looking colors and images!

Angela said...

Love this, Cheryl...it's wonderfully vintage! Great sketch this week, too!

Stacy Morgan said...

Beautiful and vintage feeling card. Fun sketch too, and whohoo you designed it too!

Debbie said...

Your sketch is gorgeous, Cheryl!! And your card is even gorgeous-er!! :) I love that stamp, color combo, and the inside!!!

Laura said...

Fantastic sketch this week Cheryl! I loved working with it! And your card is beautiful! Great color combo, and I love the vintage feel!

Jessi Fogan said...

I LOVE this sketch! So fun to work with :) And your non-traditional take rocks - I can honestly say that brown is not a go-to Christmas colour for me, and pairing it with blue? Such an awesome vintage feel :)

Conniecrafter said...

very sweet, love the coloring and the brown and blue combo, wonderful job with the sketch!!

Peanut said...

Cute stamp. And just love what you've done inside. Its the perfect finish for a lovely card.