In the Sweetness of Friendship

Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Hi Friends! I won't keep you but a sec, with the card I want to share with you today.


I used the MFT Wednesday Stamp Club Sketch #91, the Colour Q #156 color palette, and Flourishes Timeless Tuesday theme of "Fall."


I went with lighter shades of the colors to give the card a softer feel. 

I cut the leaves from felt. I used MFT felt for the rose colored leaf, and "Eco felt" from Joann for the tan leaf. The difference in the felt is amazing. Not only does the MFT felt look and feel better, it also cuts better. I can see that I'm going to have to invest in more MFT felt!!!

The inside is pretty simple, with two leaves stamped on white cs, with a strip of dp from the front of the card stitched across the top of it. I punched the top with the binding edge punch to match the front, too.

Thanks for stopping by, and have a great night!

I'd like to enter this card in the following challenges:

~Hugs,

 
Stamps: Sweetness of Friendship, Falling Leaves (Flourishes)
Paper: Tim Coffey Fall Mat Pad (K&Co); Indie Chic "Saffron" (My Mind's Eye)
Ink: Memento; Distress Ink; White Gel Pen
Dies: Reverse Wonky Rectangles, Assorted Leaves, Curved Rectangles, Parisian Motif (Spellbinders)
Accessories: Binding Edge Punch (EK Success); felt (MFT Stamps & Joann); burlap; Cotton Perle thread (DMC); buttons; sewing thread
Size: A2 (4.25" x 5.5")
Thanks for visiting my blog!
To have Ink Up delivered to your inbox,
subscribe in the box at the top right of the page.

22 comments :

Sue Lelli said...

Cheryl, I am just in LOVE with that felt for the leaves - especially the MFT! YOU are going to cost me some money! GORGEOUS card and FAB sentiment!

Conniecrafter said...

pretty stamping on the sentiment panel and love the felt leaves with the burlap

Sylvia said...

Beautiful card, Cheryl, love the felt on your card, a lovely combination of elements! Thanks for joining us this week at the colourQ.

Jessi Fogan said...

I.LOVE.THOSE.LEAVES.

Jessi Fogan said...

And apparently then pressed Tab instead of caps lock ;)
Absolutely gorgeous, Cheryl - love the leaves softly falling behind the sentiment, too :)

Heather Rogers said...

So pretty Cheryl! I love the colors you put together and the felt leaves are fabulous. :)

Hugs~

Marybeth said...

Soooo pretty! I love the layout of your gorgeous card! Beautiful soft felt leaves, and burlap.

Kara said...

love those felt leaves!! thanks for sharing your card with us this week at the colourQ.

Maria said...

Gorgeous fall card! I love the MFT felt, too! Those felt leaves are fab! The sentiment is perfect with the stamped leaves. Such a pretty fall card, love it! Take care, hugs!

Tracey McNeely said...

Lovely fall card, love the felt. Thank you so much for joining us this week at the colourQ!

Grandma Bonnie said...

Cheryl, i so love this card..i say it every time and every time it's true.. i wish you'd consider joining our team at Twist of Faith..At any rate, you should enter your card there..it's beautiful!

Shannon White said...

Wow!!! this is just Gorgeous Cheryl! I just had to come and take a closer peek! So glad I did too! Love the Beautiful muted fall colors and Fab sentiment! Your felt fall leaves and bit of burlap are Wonderful touches and I Love your Super take on the Sketch too! Just a Real Beauty! 8-)

Hugs
Shannon

Bernardine Cuttino said...

This is a beautiful and pretty card. Loving the colors and the design, simply gorgeous. Thanks for your visit and leaving the luv. Hugs.

Bernardine Cuttino said...

Back with a different hat. I am in love with this card, gorgeous with elegance. Thanks for stopping by Tuesday Throwdown and joining in on the fun.
Berni,DT

Davi said...

Beautiful card!! I love the whole fall look and cool felt leaves:) Thanks for sharing with us at TT this week!

LeAnne said...

This is stunning. Those leaves are fabulous and I just love the papers you've used! I don't follow MFT too much but it is nice to know they have good quality felt the next time I need it! Thanks for playing with the CQC colors this week!

stampingtink said...

So beautiful! Love teh felt leaves and the sentiment is so gorgeous. Thanks so much for playing along with us at Tuesday Throwdown and hope to see you again this week!

Susan, TT DT

Kim said...

I LOVE the sentiment and your card is gorgeous! The colors and embellishments are fabulous. Thanks for joining us at Tuesday Throwdown.

Kim
sherrodstudiostamps

Anne-Elise said...

This card is gorgeous, Cheryl! Love the felt leaves, the buttons, the die cuts and the stitching! Great work! Hugs

nwilliams6 said...

Love the fabric leaves and burlap - this is full of lots of fun elements. Great card!

Shelby said...

Beautiful use of so many different elements and textures!

Shelby

Melissa Bove said...

Wow! Gorgeous card!! Love the fantastic colors!! So very pretty!

Thank you very much for joining us this week at the Simon Says Stamp Challenge Blog!

Hugs...
Melissa