A Season of Thanks: A Mini Card

Thursday, September 6, 2012

Hi Friends! The Flourishes Timeless Tuesday #185 challenge this week is to create a mini card, no bigger than 4" x 3". So, for my mini-card, I'll try to give you a mini-post!





For my colors, I used this week's ColourQ #153 palette. It has a nice fall feel to it, I think.

I colored the Flourishes fall urn image with Copic markers, added just a little bit of white gel pen for highlights on the urn, and used Tumbled Glass Distress Ink inside the die, and Walnut Stain around the outer edge. The bg paper is a digi paper that is so pretty, I almost hated to cover it up. It was perfect for this project, though, because it is actually from a collage of trading card sized papers. The pearls are made with a Pearl Pen.
For the inside I used another of the little papers from the same digital collage of papers. I added the stamp in the corner. It, and the sentiment are from the same Flourishes stamp set as the fall urn.

One more thing...be sure to check out the STAMPtember Blog Hop over at Simon Says Stamp. There are lots of prizes up for grabs. But, be sure to read all the requirements. You have to comment on all the blogs AND make a card to be eligible.

I guess that's about as "mini" as I get for a post. :) Thanks for stopping by and have a fab night!

I'd like to enter this card in the following challenges:
Flourishes Timeless Tuesday #185: create a mini card
ColourQ #153 (CQC153)
Simon Says Stamp: Put a Stamp On It Challenge and Blog Hop

~Hugs,
 
Stamps: A Season of Thanks (Flourishes)
Paper: Antique Paper 6 digital paper (Print Candee)
Ink: Copic markers; Memento; Distress Inks; white gel pen
Dies: Floral Ovals (Spellbinders)
Accessories: Pearl Pen
Size: 3" x 4"
Thanks for visiting my blog!
To have Ink Up delivered to your inbox,
subscribe in the box at the top right of the page.

18 comments :

Broni said...

Cheryl, I love how you've colored this gorgeous fall image! And I love all the distressing you've added too! Beautiful mini-card!!

Debbie said...

This is the perfect fall card!! Beautifully colored image and I love all the brown!!

Stacy Morgan said...

Gorgeous autumn card!

Maria said...

Oh, wow! This is one perfect fall card, Cheryl! Love that background paper and gorgeous flower image! Beautiful die used, too! This card is so your style and so very lovely! Have a wonderful weekend, hugs!

Sylvia said...

Beautiful Thanksgiving card, Cheryl, fabulous water color! The background is lovely as well. Thanks for sharing your card with us this week at the colourQ.

Shannon White said...

Wowie Miss Cheryl! That's a whole lot of Gorgeousness packed into that mini card! 8-) Love the Wonderful image and your Fantastic coloring! Love all the distress shading too! looks so vintagey and defintely says Fall! Love it!8-)

Hugs
Shannon

Tracey McNeely said...

Really gorgeous Thanksgiving card Cheryl. Thank you so much for joining us this week at the colourQ!

Sue Lelli said...

REALLY pretty coloring, cheryl! Also love that urn! PRETTY card!

Conniecrafter said...

such lovely coloring and like how you have grounded the image, lovely framing too!

stampingtink said...

Cheryl, this is just beautiful! I love the subtle colors and the distressed inks. You're right, the paper is gorgeous. The coloring is stunning and all together, it's just gorgeous.

Shelby said...

This is such a pretty card and love all of the ink work! Your coloring is marvelous on this Fall themed mini card.

Shelby

Unknown said...

Cheryl, this is so pretty. I dream of being this good some day. Thanks for joining us at the ColourQ this week.

Home sweet home said...

Really beautiful and lovely card,love the image and you have coloured so wonderful.

Merethe

Melissa Craig said...

Lovely! The colors are so warm and perfect for this image. You're making me long for Fall again. *sigh*

Anne-Elise said...

Gorgeous card, Cheryl! Love the colors and the inside is beautiful too!

Rachel said...

Beautiful card Cheryl. I love your inking and the colours are gorgeous with the image.

Wedgie xxx

MS said...

Wow! Cheryl! Beautiful card! The coloring is so pretty. I love the bright flowers and the delicate die, all the pretty Distress Ink, it's really beautiful, I kept going back and staring at it!

Jo Nevill said...

I love your beautiful card, your colouring is amazing. I love those new dies, they make an image look very pretty.

Thank you for joining us at Simon Says Challenge

Hugs

Jo x