TMS#166: Aaaaahhhhh!

Tuesday, October 2, 2012


Hi Friends! It's Tuesday Morning Sketch Challenge time!


Between this week's fab sketch and the cute digi stamp I got from our sponsor, Paper Pretties, I was able to come up with a super fun card for my DD to give to a friend for his birthday.
With The Avengers movie coming out, we had lots of super hero gifts to choose from for the birthday boy, so we went with a Captain America action figure that has a working parachute. This adorable digi stamp, aptly named, "Aaaaahhhhh," was the perfect image for the accompanying card. The image actually comes with clouds drawn around the dog, but I didn't need them since I was making my own clouds, so I removed them in my photo program, then printed it out and colored the image with Copics. I used my new cloud stencil and a light blue Memento ink to make the clouds. I also made the cloud bg paper. The pattern papers are both digital. I didn't have any navy twine, so I used red and white twine and blue Distress Ink to come up with the right colors. The blue frame around the image is popped up with foam dots over the image.

For the inside, I used Spellbinder dies to cut the stars from my leftover digi paper, and the blue circle is the die cut that came from the frame on the front of the card. I heat embossed the sentiment. This was a simple card, but quite enjoyable to make.

I hope you'll join us this week at Tuesday Morning Sketches! We always have a great time, and, who knows, you just might win a prize from Paper Pretties! Be sure to check out the rest of the awesome DT's creations over at the TMS site, for plenty of inspiration, then get creative with the sketch and link your project up. I can't wait to see what you come up with!

Thanks for stopping by today, and have a great week!

I'd like to enter this card in the following challenges:
Moving Along With the Times: Seeing Red
ABC Challenges: Y is for Y Chromosome (a male-themed project)
Cards for Men Challenge 20: Animal Magic
Charisma Cardz Challenge #38: Something for the Guys
Creative Craft Challenges 2: Anything Goes
Fat Pages with Attitude Challenge 23: Anything Goes
Little Scrap Pieces: Fun Friday Use Ribbon or Twine
Party Time Tuesday #87: Anything Goes
Simon Says Stamp Challenge: Anything Goes
Stamptacular Sunday Challenge #183: It's Your Birthday

~Hugs,

 
Stamps: Aaaaahhhhh (Paper Pretties); Birthday Buddies (Paper Smooches)
Paper: Merry Little Christmas Mini Kit by Erica Coombs, For the Boys by Karen Funk (Design House Digital)
Ink: Memento; Distress Ink; Colorbox; Copic markers
Dies: Std Circles Sm & Lg, Labels Three, Stars Five (Spellbinders)
Accessories: White embossing powder; Pearl Pen; Cloud Stencil (Inky Antics); Memory Thread (DMC); buttons; sewing thread; twine (The Twinery); foam dots
Size: A2 (4.25" x 5.5")
Thanks for visiting my blog!
To have Ink Up delivered to your inbox,
subscribe in the box at the top right of the page.

30 comments :

nwilliams6 said...

Fun sketch, but you added a whole new level of fun with this! I love how you have the sky in circle and in the bg and your chevron paper is wonderful. How great it matches up with the gift. What a great pair!

Cat's sCrap said...

What an adorable card ! I like your character, it's so cute ! Magnificent papers and sensible choice of colours. Everything in simplicity as I like ! Bravo !

Thanks for joining us at Charisma Card this week and good luck !

Hugs from France.
Catherine.

Gram's Treasures said...

Such a fun card! Love the colours, and such great use of the sketch! Thanks for playing along this week at Charisma....hope to see you next time too!
Joyce xx

Conniecrafter said...

Beautiful work on the cloud background and I just love the expression on his face and perfect colors for the theme, fun card!

Shelby said...

Absolutely love your take on the sketch! Fantastic coloration and I adore how you've done the clouds...super card

Shelby

Carla S. said...

This is so cute, Cheryl! Love the clouds and the fun image! Great coloring and design!

Rach83 said...

Fab image and super colouring. Love the layout too.

Rachel x

Hazel (Didos) said...

Oh this is so cute, what a brilliant card, Thanks for playing on our Seeing Red Challenge on MAWTT, Hazelxox

Mandy said...

Cheryl your card is gorgeous, super cute and beautifully coloured.
Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp
hugs Mandy xx

Angela said...

Cute card...adorable image paired with great papers...as always, the inside is cute too!

Dawn said...

So cute Cheryl! Cool that you edited out the clouds. Love the ones you added.

Marybeth said...

Wow, great card! Such a great idea , my grandson just told me how much he loves the movie. Love the papers and colors you used .

Debbie said...

This is so cute!!! I love that image and the way you decorated the inside!!

Unknown said...

So sweet! I love this guy and your fab coloring makes him even better. I love the inside too. Awesome design.

Laura said...

Love this card Cheryl! The clouds look awesome, and I like how you can see them through the circle cut out! What a fun card - I'm sure the birthday boy will love it!

Karen said...

This is adorable! Your machine stitching looks great and I love that image! Thanks for playing along at Little Scrap Pieces! :)

Karen- LSP Guest Designer
craftedwithlovebykaren.blogspot.com

Sue Lelli said...

Your DD is so LUCKY to have a Mom who could make such a FAB super hero card for her friend! LOVE the chevron pattern with the digi image! Super FUN B-Day card, Cheryl!

Peanut said...

Tooo cute, Cheryl! Love it! The colours are just perfect. It may be a guy card but I wouldn't mind receiving it!

Thanks for dropping by my blog and leaving a lovely comment.

bjs

Davi said...

A happy card with the cuties image and fun stars! GReat job on those clouds :)

Davi said...

A happy card with the cuties image and fun stars! GReat job on those clouds :)

Karen said...

what a super fun image and I love the placement of all your elements!
Thanks so much for joining the LSP challenge! Karen

Mau xx said...

Superb, I love it!! and perfect for our Seeing Red Challenge at MAWTT, Thanks for joining us.
Hugs Mau xx

Jessi Fogan said...

How fun is this? That little boy is going to love it :) Such a great match with the gift, and you've got to love it when that happens! Love the twine you used on the buttons, and the fun red chevron paper!

Patty Sue 2 said...

A truly great card makes you smile and your card brought a big smile to my face! It is a fantastic card! Thanks for joining us at ABC's challenge. Good luck and I hope we see more of your lovely work on the 15th!

Shannon White said...

Aww, this is Just Adorable Cheryl!! LVOE your Darling image and your clouds are just Fabulous!! Love the depth and dimension you created too! Just Darling inside and out Lady! 8-)

Hugs
Shannon

Theresa said...

This is so awesome! I love the red paper and the clouds are perfect. I think I'd be screaming too!!

Notes by Nina said...

Fantastic card, this image is so fun. I love the colours and papers you used.

Winnie said...

What a fun card love the image its soooo cute, lovely colors as well thank you for joining our challenge at Stamptacular Sunday this week, hope to see you back for our next challenge

Hugs Winnie DT

Maria said...

What a cute card! Love those clouds in the background and CUTE image! Beautiful colors with great design! Truly, a fun card! Have a great weekend, hugs!

Jenn said...

Very cute card, I love the image and the great background! Thanks for joining us at ABC Challenges.