Thanks So Much!

Wednesday, September 5, 2012

When I saw this week's Mojo Monday sketch (MOJO257), I knew I just HAD to participate! I love tilted elements in card designs!


















And, the Color Throwdown color palette is so pretty--kind of a last hurrah for summer. Now that I think of it, though, it could just as easily be used in a vintage Christmas card. Hmmm, I just may have to make another card with those colors, later. :)

I embossed the "thankful" definition text with pink embossing powder, then used Distress Inks inside the die and paper pierced the circle. Because the ribbon went right up to the edge of the card, and I didn't want to wrap it around to the back of the card or just cut it off, leaving frayed ends, I mounted it to a piece of cs first, then adhered it to the card. I used a mask and Distress Ink to add the very faint diamonds to the white rectangle. The white flowers and leaves were made using MFT Die-namics dies. I don't know if you can tell from the photo, but the tag doesn't lie flat--it's arched.
On the inside, I used the same diamond mask. The green strip at the top is scrap from the paper I used on the front of the card, and the polka dot strip is Washi tape. I added Stickles to the punched scallop border.

Well, I promised my DD we'd watch a movie and have popcorn, and she's getting antsy, so I'm off!

I'd like to enter this card in the following challenges:
Mojo Monday Sketch Challenge 257 (MOJO257)
Color Throwdown 208 (CTD208)
A Blog Named Hero Challenge #11: Who's the Boss? (use embossing)
Simon Says Stamp and Show Challenge: Read All About It (use text)

Thanks for stopping by today!

~Hugs,

 
Stamps: With Love (Verve); Dictionary Greeting (Hero Arts)
Paper: Garden Party (DCWV)
Ink: Distress Ink
Dies: Mini Rolled Roses, Royal Leaves (MFT Stamps); Classic Rectangles Lg, Splendid Circles, Std Circles Lg, Nested Lacey Pennants (Spellbinders)
Accessories: Scallop Diamond Edge Punch (EK Success); Corner Chomper; embossing powder (Recollections); Organic embossing folder (Cuttlebug); paper piercer; Mini Harlequin template/mask (Crafter's Workshop); felt; Washi Tape (Queen & Co); flowers; pearls; sewing thread; Stickles; foam dots
Size: A2 (4.25" x 5.5")
Thanks for visiting my blog!
To have Ink Up delivered to your inbox,
subscribe in the box at the top right of the page.

19 comments :

Bernie said...

This is spectacular Cherly! LOVE the colors, LO and fabulous flowers.
Hugs
Bernie

Melissa Craig said...

Absolutely stunning! I love all the flowers, particularly the felt ones. Definitely picking up some white felt this weekend and maybe a couple of more dies. Can't wait! Back to your card.... the colors are so soft and sweet and the sewing is fabulous. Great job!

nwilliams6 said...

Wonderful card - this is a great sketch, but your papers and elements make it even better!

Pat (mspfd) said...

Stunning combination of elements. You nailed the mojo sketch!

Barbara said...

This is GORGEOUS! I love every single little detail! Thanks so much for playing the Color Throwdown!

Debbie said...

This is gorgeous, Cheryl!! I love it all!!
I saw this sketch and thought 'don't have time to be this fancy this week'! ;/
Your card is just beautiful!!

Wanda Cullen said...

OMGoodness, this is stunning! What a beautiful combination of elements! Thanks for playing along with us at Mojo Monday and Color Throwdown!

Rachel said...

What a gorgeous card! I love all your layers and gorgeous papers. Fab stitching too!

Wedgie xxx

Sherry Cheever said...

Gorgeous card! Love your layout and all the stitching for sure!

Sandra said...

Lovely card! Such pretty colors. great touch with the stiching! Thank you so much for joining us at Simon Says Stamp and Show. Hugs, Sandra

blupixy said...

Your card is gorgeous! THanks for sharing!

Stacy Morgan said...

Very feminine and pretty. Your hints of stitching is darling.

Kim said...

There are so many nice details in your card!! I love the flowers, your papers, and the awesome stitching!! Pretty card!!

MS said...

Beautiful layering! I wish I could layer like that! Thanks for playing with us at A Blog Named Hero!

Mynn xx said...

Oh, this is amazing!!! LOVE all the texture--the stitching, the dry embossing, the fibers! Just beautiful!!! I hope you pop over to Technique Tuesday and join us this month for our challenge--I would LOVE to see what you create!!! :)

Maria said...

Do not know where to begin! This card is soooo perfect! Love all the detail...great job! Take care, hugs!

Shannon White said...

So Pretty Pretty! Love your take on both the Mojo sketch and the color challenge too! Wowzers! 8-) So many pretty details Miss Cheryl! 8-)

Hugs
Shannon

Denise Marzec said...

You rocked the colors with this gorgeous card! Love all the texture and patterns...it all works together beautifully. Thanks for joining us this week at the CTD.

...and I love your idea for a vintage Christmas card with these colors. Fun!

Shelby said...

Beautiful use of the color palette...looks absolutely gorgeous. Your take on the sketch is awesome and love how you've worked all of the different elements together.

Shelby