TMS #164: Happy Day!

Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Hi Friends! Yes, Tuesday is always a Happy Day, because it's time for a new Tuesday Morning Sketch Challenge!


Guylou's Inimitability Digistamps is our sponsor this week, and Melissa's sketch is a fairly simple one, so you can dress it up or down, whatever suits your fancy this week! :)
For a change, I followed the sketch almost exactly. I just added a little tag and a couple of buttons.

I did dress the inside up a bit, though. I picked up a new tool at the Greenville stamp convention this past weekend and I just had to try it out--Embossing Diffusers. You use them with your embossing folders to keep an area unembossed so you can stamp on it, or you can even double emboss! Now, I'm all about improvising and making my own tools whenever I can, and I have made these before out of chipboard, but they never really worked, so I was a little bit skeptical, but these things are fantastic. Just look at that nice, clean oval in the center of the cs!

And, speaking of the convention, I had a blast! Look at all the new toys I got...


And, my Savannah friends were so much fun!

I don't think I have laughed so much in years. And, when it was all over, they even invited me to join their stamp club! Looks like I'll be taking a road trip to Savannah in the near future. ;)

I hope you'll join us this week for Tuesday Morning Sketch Challenge #164, and be sure to visit the other DT members' blogs, including our fantastic guest designer Iwona!

I'd like to enter this card in the following challenges:
Fat Pages & Cards With Attitude Challenge 22: Anything Goes/Buttons and Bows
Catch the Bug Challenge: September Bingo (Tearing, Stitching, Button)
Craft Your Passion #128: Bingo (Emboss, Ribbon, Buttons)

Thanks for stopping by, and have a wonderful week!

 
Stamps: Olivia (Guylou's Inimitabilities Digistamps); Tiny Flowers & Tags, Botanical Bookplates Vol 1 (Flourishes); Big Birthday Wishes (Our Craft Lounge)
Paper: Clippings (Basic Grey)
Ink: Copic markers; Memento; Distress Ink
Dies: Classic Scalloped Ovals Lg, Classic Ovals Lg (Spellbinders); Classic Keyhole (Flourishes Tailor-Made Die by Spellbinders); Buttoned Up (Papertrey Ink)
Accessories: Bricked Embossing Folder, Embossing Diffuser (Sizzix); ribbon; Cotton Perle thread (DMC); buttons; sewing thread; foam dots
Size: A2 (4.25" x 5.5")
Thanks for visiting my blog!
To have Ink Up delivered to your inbox,
subscribe in the box at the top right of the page.

12 comments :

Angela said...

This has a wonderful "scrappy" feel to it...it's beautiful on the inside too!

Carla S. said...

Beautiful card, Cheryl! Love the papers and stitching and cute image! Glad you had fun at the stamp show! That's quite a haul you took home!

~ginny said...

I love your layered look with stitching. I especially like the details like the two different ways you attached the buttons.
Nice to see you at Craft Your Passion and I hope to see you again next week!
~ginny
CYP Design Team
RubberMAD (my blog)

Bernie said...

This is absolutely stunning Cheryl! Love the colors and layering is fabulous. Love the inside as well.
Hugs
Bernie

Conniecrafter said...

very sweet image, and cute coloring, great stitching and love the diffusers for the inside, looks like you got a great haul, look forward to seeing what you do with it all!!

Andrea, said...

Beautiful card, I love the papers and image

Purple mad Alison said...

What brilliant creations. I love your attention to detail. Lovely.
Thanks for joining us over on Fat Pages With Attiutde.
Hugs Alison x x

Peanut said...

Lovely card, Cheryl. I am particularly intrigued by that diffuser...sounds like I need it too, quite urgently! ;-)

Thanks for dropping by my blog!

sammi said...

Beautiful card Cheryl. Thank your for playing along with us in our “bingo” challenge at Catch The Bug! We appreciate you! ~~Sammibug~~ DT Member For Bugaboo Stamps

Jen Leeflang said...

Thanks so much for joining our BINGO - THREE IN A ROW challenge at Bugaboo's Catch the Bug. Good luck in the draw!
luv'n huggz
Jen Leeflang
BUGABOO DT

Melissa Craig said...

I love the card! The embossing especially. I have never heard of these diffusers, but I must check that out.

Big time fun-ness from the convention. I need Memento colors. I don't have very many.

Dawn said...

So beautiful Cheryl! Love the sweet image layer on the embossed oval. The diffused embossing is so cool inside too. Lovely!