Tiny Miracle with Booties: Wall Hanging

Saturday, September 1, 2012

Hi Friends! I'm back with another baby nursery wall hanging, and I love how this one turned out.

I used the MFT Wednesday Stamp Club MFTWSC87 sketch for my layout, and the Flourishes Timeless Tuesday FTTC184 challenge to use purple and blue for my colors.


I never think of purple as a "boy color," but I added some greenish-brown elements to offset that, and then purple was the perfect accent color. A note on the purple digi paper: the paper is actually just shades of purple and white (beautiful as-is), but I needed some blue in it, so I added the blue in my photo editing software, then texturized it a bit so it wouldn't appear "flat," so you won't find this exact paper in the digi paper pack. Btw, that particular digi paper pack is one of my favs! You should check it out--it's a beautiful set.



The image is colored with Copic markers, the edges were inked with Distress Ink, and the teeny flowers in the image were colored with a white gel pen.

I really like the Hello Baby stamp set, especially because of the clothesline image, which is adorable, but those little booties are just too cute! They were the perfect embellie for the bow. I stamped them on some scrap digi paper I had leftover from an earlier project, and used a Copic marker to add a little shadow here and there. For the shoe buttons, I used Glossy Accents. To glue the shoes to the bow, I first glued a button to the back of the image, then glued the button to the top of the bow. That gave the image more strength, and also raised it up just enough to keep the bow from being squished down.

Here's a look at the layers. I didn't use any foam dots at all. Instead, I layer pieces of crimped lightweight cs, alternating the direction of the ridges to get the height I want (kind of like layering with corrugated cardboard). I have much more control over the height and also have a sturdier finished project because the entire layer is supported rather than a few spots, as with foam dots.
As with my other nursery wall hangings, this will also serve as my "card," so I decorated the back as if it were the inside of a card, keeping everything flat so it will lie flat against the wall.

That's it for me for the weekend. Hope yours is fantastic, and that I'll see you back here again next week! Thanks for stopping by!

I'd like to enter this project in the following challenges:
MFT Wednesday Stamp Club #87: WFTWSC87
Flourishes Timeless Tuesday #184 (FTTC184): use purple and blue
ABC Challenges: W for Wishes
Celebrate the Occasion Challenge #77: Child's Birthday (literally a "birth day" project)
Cute Card Thursday Challenge #232: A Stitch in Time
The Poodles Parlour: Winged Things
Stampin' Sisters in Christ Challenge #154: Use punches, dies, or shapes of any kind
Whimsy Stamps Inspiration Challenge #50: Lots of Layers

~Hugs,

 
Stamps: Hello Baby, Wedded Bliss (Flourishes)
Paper: Vintage Damask (Double Diva Design for Print Candee); Garden Party (Mye De Leon for Design House Digital); Be You (Juliana Kreipp for Design House Digital); Shine (Karen Funk for Design House Digital) corrugated cardboard; chipboard
Ink: Memento; Copics; Distress Ink; white gel pen
Dies: Labels Eighteen, Labels Three, Labels Small, Bird Flourishes, Floral Ovals (Spellbinders)
Accessories: Arch Lattice edge punch (Martha Stewart); organza ribbon; acrylic paint; Glossy Accents; button; eyelets; brads; sewing thread
Size: 6" x 5"
Thanks for visiting my blog!
To have Ink Up delivered to your inbox,
subscribe in the box at the top right of the page.

23 comments :

Carla S. said...

This is absolutely stunning, Cheryl! I love the colors and layers and every little detail! Wonderful images!

Unknown said...

I love everything about this card, I can only say: WOW! Thank you for joining us at the Celebrate the Occasion challenge and hope to see you back again. Hugs
Anna xxx

Bernie said...

Oh My Goodness Cheryl, this is absolutely fabulous and just adorable!!! Perfect in every way. Thank you for the fantastic tip of layering pieces of crimped CS.
Hugs
Bernie

Jessi Fogan said...

LOVE. The woodgrain texture, that sweet little clothesline, those BOOTIES...I just love it. And it's totally boyish - purple was just right!

Heather Rogers said...

This is so sweet Cheryl! I love the baby booties. :)

Hugs~

Maria said...

What a gorgeous creation, Cheryl! It's such a sweet little baby scene! Love all the accents! Take care, hugs!

Debbie said...

Cheryl, this is gorgeous!! All your layers, and beautiful DP's, and details are wonderful!!

Denise Marzec said...

Oh my word, how ADORABLE is this! I love your paper choices. Thanks for joining us at the FTTC!

Shelby said...

This is a beautiful as well as adorable creation. Love those little booties and the image is colored beautifully.

Shelby

Shannon White said...

OMGoodness, How Sweet is this! Love your Wonderfully colored baby images! So Precious! Love your Awesome take on the sketch too Miss Cheryl!8-)

Hugs
Shannon

Tonya said...

What a gorgeous rustic baby card. Thanks so much for sharing your fabulous card with us at Celebrate The Occasion!

Tonya
CTO DT

Sue Nicholson said...

Beautiful card, finished off perfectly. Thanks for joining us at Poodles Parlour challenge cheers Sue x

Esther said...

Beautiful card!
Love the image, your dies, the stitching, fabulous!!!!
Thanks for joining CTO this week!

Anne-Elise said...

Oh, Cheryl! This is so beautiful! Love this gorgeous work!

Rachel said...

Adorable card, love all the images.

Thanks for sharing at Celebrate the Occasion this week, Wedgie xxx

Anonymous said...

Wow!! Really gorgeous design!! Love the softness and images! ;)

Melissa Craig said...

OMG Cheryl, this card is stunning! The papers are so beautiful and you have such an amazing eye for detail. Gorgeous!

Stacy Morgan said...

ADORABLE!!! So very beautiful and darling. The purples and creams are beautiful, adorable once again!

Patty Sue 2 said...

Amazing! Not only beautiful, the details are fantastic! Thank you for joining us at ABC's Challenge! Good luck and I hope we see more of your lovely work in the future!

Wendy said...

Fab card hun love the baby theme very cute thank you for joining our challenge at whimsy stamps

Wendy

Jenn said...

This is beautiful, I'm sure it will be treasured! Great tip about the crimped paper too, thanks! Thanks for joining us at ABC Challenges.

Conniecrafter said...

absolutely precious, so sweet!

ChristineCreations said...

This is beautiful Cheryl! So much love and attention to detail obviously went into it!