Love, and a Little Chocolate

Thursday, August 2, 2012

Hi Friends! I'll have two posts tonight, to finish up my cards for the Viva la Verve July sketch challenge, so I'll make them short.
I recently received an order from Verve, and the Charles Schultz sentiment stamp was in a little goodie bag, along with several other items. What a fab quote!


The Week 4 sketch had me baffled for a little while, but I like how it came together in the end--especially with the torn sections.

I left the inside blank, but used torn edges to coordinate with the card front.

That's all for now. I'll be back in a little while with another Verve challenge card.

Thanks for stopping by! See you in a bit!

I'd like to enter this card in the following challenges:
Viva la Verve Sketch Challenge VLVJul12 (Week 4)
Stampin' Sisters in Christ Challenge #150: Torn Paper Technique
A Blog Named Hero Challenge #9: Freestyle

~Hugs!

 
Stamps: Love Is (Verve)
Paper: Garden Party (DCWV)
Ink: Distress Ink; Staz-On; Sharpie marker
Dies: Classic Hearts, Romantic Rectangles (Spellbinders)
Accessories: D'vine Swirls embossing folder (Cuttlebug); Diamonds in Diamonds embossing folder (Sizzix); sheer dotted ribbon (Making Memories); flower; brad; eyelets; pearls; chipboard flourish; sewing thread
Size: A2 (4.25" x 5.5")
Thanks for visiting my blog!
To have Ink Up delivered to your inbox,
subscribe in the box at the top right of the page.

12 comments :

Jessi Fogan said...

Love that fun frame around the sentiment, and the sparkly swirl!

Heather Rogers said...

This is one of my favorites of yours Cheryl. I like the embossed background and torn paper. Fabulous girl!

Did you make this for CR84FN too? That is the exact color combo?

Hugs~

cebelica said...

I like this card a lot too. Fab design, I really like all the layering. Oh, and the stitching too. It looks fantastic. And the sentiment - perfect for a chocoholic like myself. lol :D Hugs! xx

Mary Dawn said...

love your rich colors, thanks again for playing along with our challenge #9 at A Blog Named Hero

Conniecrafter said...

Great combo of papers and like the torn edges, the swirl embossing is a great background, pretty chocolate flower :)

Melissa Shea said...

Whoa! Gorgeous! Elegant! Love all the tones of brown and layering. So beautiful! Thanks for playing with us at a Blog Named Hero :)

Audrey Pettit said...

This is stunning, Cheryl! Definitely at the top of my list of faves of yours!

Helen said...

Oh, this is so beautiful! Love that flower and swirl! Your papers are great, too! Wonderful card! Thank you for sharing it with us this week at Stampin Sisters in Christ! Have a blessed day! ~H

Melissa Craig said...

Just sign me up for chocolate. I love your card!

Shelby said...

Beautiful use of browns and pinks. Love the torn edges and the sentiment is fabulous.

Shelby

Theresa said...

Cheryl, this card is just awesome!! I love the stitching and the glitter on the flourish. The colors are fabulous.

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

So scrumptious! Love every little detail!