All Things Grow With Love

Thursday, August 2, 2012


I'm back! I'm really cutting it close to get all these cards made in time for the Viva la Verve challenge deadline! ;)

For my Viva la Verve Week 5 card, I turned the sketch sideways, used a rectangular die cut instead of an oval, placed it a little off-center, and added a few embellishments.



















The Verve Week 5 sketch is really simple, so I chose a pretty dp that might normally be hidden in a busier sketch.

I just love the butterfly graphic. (I did add some Stickles to it's wings, though. :) And, the Colour Q color challenge this week is a beautiful palette.

I used vellum for the long rectangle at the top of my card. I tried just stamping the images with clear embossing ink, but it kept smearing (I ended up starting over three times!). Finally, I used a red Distress Ink then added clear embossing powder over it. I love the final result. I used black Enamel Accents for the butterfly bodies.



The flower stamp on the inside matches the one on the sentiment panel on the front.

And, that's all I have for tonight! I finally got around to cleaning and organizing my craft room. In the next day or two, I'll post before and after photos!

Thanks for stopping by...again!

I'd like to enter this card in the following challenges:
Viva la Verve Sketch Challenge VLVJul12 (Week 5)
Colour Q Challenge #148
Cupcake Craftroom August Challenge: Fresh & Summery
A Blog Named Hero Challenge #9: Freestyle

~Hugs,
 
Stamps: Bloom & Grow, Kind Words, Blue Skies (Verve)
Paper: Mariposa Mat Stack (DCWV); vellum
Ink: Memento; Distress Ink
Dies: Antique Frame & Accents (Spellbinders); Elegant Leaves die (Verve)
Accessories: Classic Butterfly punch (Martha Stewart); corner chomper; flower; Stickles; Enamel Accents; clear embossing powder; Distrezz-It-All
Size: A2 (5.5" x 4.25")
Thanks for visiting my blog!
To have Ink Up delivered to your inbox,
subscribe in the box at the top right of the page.

26 comments :

Jessi Fogan said...

So glad you persevered -that vellum layer is spectacular :)
If I ever cleaned up my craft space, I would have to take photos simply to prove that it had happened! lol

Heather Rogers said...

Beautiful Cheryl. Love the butterfly paper and pretty rose. :)

Hugs~

Marie said...

Simply beautiful, Cheryl. The butterflies on vellum is a great touch and I love the enameled bodies. Hope you are having a wonderful summer.

Tracey McNeely said...

Beautiful card, so many details. I love the tag and flower. Thank you so much for joining us at the colorQ this week!

Sylvia said...

Beautiful card, Cheryl, your butterfly label is gorgeous, lovely mix of things! thanks for joining us this week at the ColourQ and sharing your card.

Carla S. said...

Gorgeous card, Cheryl! I love the paper you used! Great card for the challenges!

PatQ's Cards said...

Really pretty card. Love the color combinations.

Starr said...

Hi neighbor! Isn't it a small world. I met a lady that lives 10 miles from me! I love your cards, what talent and creativity. They are all stunning , maybe you could join The Shabby Tea Room's challenge sometime, I would love to see more of your creations!

Starr said...

Hi neighbor! Isn't it a small world. I met a lady that lives 10 miles from me! I love your cards, what talent and creativity. They are all stunning , maybe you could join The Shabby Tea Room's challenge sometime, I would love to see more of your creations!

Lisa Carroll said...

Cheryl, this is stunning! Gorgeous colors, and the glitter on the butterfly was the PERFECT touch. :) Thanks for playing along with challenge #9 - Freesttyle over at A Blog Named Hero!

cebelica said...

Wow, your card is gorgeous. I am crazy about butterflies and I like that there are wuite some on your card. I love all the little details you added to your card as well. The glitters on the wings of a butterfly look amazing. You really did a great job with this card! Hugs! xx

Mary Dawn said...

striking card! thanks for playing along with our challenge #9 at A Blog Named Hero

Mary J said...

Cheryl, this is so beautifully made! Gorgeous inking, love the elements and subtle bling too!

Jen Mitchell said...

Gorgeous elements you've brought together so beautifully. The vellum layer, flower and butterfly are very striking. Thanks for joining us at colourQ!

Conniecrafter said...

such pretty paper and like how you turned the sketch and great stamping on the tag!

Audrey Pettit said...

How beautiful! Wow, love all that color and the pretty print! And look at you rocking the vellum!

Maria said...

So very very pretty in pink! Love those gorgeous butterlies! Great touch with the vellum! Truly, a very beautiful card! Take care and have a wonderful weekend, hugs!

Melissa Craig said...

Beautifully stunning card Cheryl.

Joan Ervin said...

WOW!!! This is sooo gorgeous, Cheryl!!!!! What beautiful colors, papers, and I love how you added all the butterflies!!!

Lindsay Craftymonster81 said...

So pretty, beautiful colours and layout, I love the glittery touches on the butterflies
Lindsay xx

Dortesjs said...

gorgeous card love it

Shelby said...

Beautiful card. love all of the different elements you've used especially the stickles and the vellum.

Shelby

Teresa Kline said...

wow, this is gorgeous!

enjoy *~*

Silke Ledlow said...

Totally GORGEOUS!!! Thank you for playing the CQC with us...hugs ~S~

Theresa said...

Beautiful job on the matching the colors. Simply beautiful!

cheiron said...

So pretty. Love the sentiment. Thank you for playing along with Challenge # 9 at A Blog Named Hero!