TMS #159: So Many Smiles

Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Hello Friends, and Happy, Happy Tuesday! I took a little break from the DT at Tuesday Morning Sketches over the summer to spend more time with my DD, and now that she's back in school, I'm back on the team! Yaaayyy!

This week, our sponsor is Sparkle Creations. A few of the DT cards this week feature Sparkle stamps, including Shelby, of Color of Happy, our fab Guest Designer this month.












Melissa came up with yet another really cute sketch for us to play with this week. She always comes up with the best sketches! And, I used this Play Date Cafe challenge for the color palette.
The butterfly, leaves, flower, and sentiment stamps are all part of the Natural Beauties stamp set at Papertrey Ink. The rhinestone strip on the pink dp was from Wanda Cullen during a Color Throwdown blog hop. I don't think I've ever used a strip of embellies before. Now I get why people are doing that--easy, fun, and so pretty when you are done!


I stamped the flower twice, cut one out along the outer edge, then cut the second along the inner petals. I love that the center of the flower is a separate stamp. All the layers are popped up, and the entire flower is backed with a piece of burlap that I cut with a Spellbinders Blossom Nestabilities Die.

I thought about stamping something inside the card, but changed my mind. This card would be great for so many occasions. I can always stamp something in it later or just make it really personal and hand write everything inside.

Okay, so now you need to go head on over to Tuesday Morning Sketches and check out the other DT members' awesome creations, then make your own, so you can be in the drawing for the Sparkle Creations prize! Have fun, and Good Luck!

I'd like to enter this card in the following challenges:

Thanks so much for stopping by today!

~Hugs,

 
Stamps: Natural Beauties (Papertrey Ink)
Paper: Out of Print (Basic Grey); Apricot cs (Taylored Expressions); Lt Blue cs (Bazzill)
Ink: Distress Ink; Colorbox; Memento 
Dies: Romantic Rectangles, Blossom Nestabilities, Lacy Squares (Spellbinders)
Accessories: Scallop Diamond Edge Punch (EK Success); 2" Square punch; burlap; Twinkle Goosebumps (Queen & Co); Corner Chomper; rhinestones; pearls; flowers; foam dots
Size: A2 (4.25" x 5.5")
Thanks for visiting my blog!
To have Ink Up delivered to your inbox,
subscribe in the box at the top right of the page.

25 comments :

Angela said...

Lovely inside and out! You really did well with the sketch...I thought it was a bit tough!

Carla S. said...

Gorgeous card, Cheryl! I love the softness of the colors and the pretty flowers and bling! Glad to see you back!

Sue B said...

Oh this is gorgeous Cheryl ! what a wonderful design! I love the bright and cheery Summer colours.. the flowers, papers and embellies are so pretty!
Thanks for joining us at MAWTT for my 'Summer' theme and Good Luck in the Challenge!
Hugs Sue xx

Laura said...

Welcome back Cheryl! Your card is gorgeous! So many pretty embellishments, and I like the sentiment as the focal point!

Hazel (Didos) said...

Oh this is super Cheryl, What a brilliant card, love your embellishments. Thanks for playing along on MAWTT this fortnight, Hazel xx

anya said...

Lovely, Cheryl! Great job with all your embellishments. Thanks for joining us at the Play Date Cafe this week!

Jessi Fogan said...

Happy monkey clapping :) Welcome back!! The detail in the layered flower is just wow - I thought it was a fabric flower when I first looked! And be careful with those embellie strips...they can be addictive :)

Heather Rogers said...

So sweet Cheryl! I am glad to hear you have a little more stamping time. :)

Hugs~

Marie said...

Super wonderful, Cheryl. The the sentiment and the great embellies.

Mynn xx said...

This is gorgeous! LOVE that flower with the texture behind, and the sentiment is just fabulous! Amazing creation! :)

Lynn said...

This is so pretty! I love all of the flowers and rhinestones, so much to look at in this gorgeous card! Thanks for playing along in The Play Date Cafe challenge!

Jenn Borjeson said...

What a beautiful card! Thanks for joining us at The Cheerful Stamp Pad! :)

Mau xx said...

What a great Bright Summery card Cheryl, I love it and that big flower is gorgeous.
Thanks for joining MAWTT
Hugs Mau xx

Notes by Nina said...

Beautiful card, I love the bright fun colours and that sentiment is wonderful.

Debbie said...

Yay! Glad you are back!!
This card is gorgeous!! Love the sentiment and all your flowers!!

Dawn said...

Fabulous card Cheryl! Welcome back! We missed you. Love the flowers.

~amy~ said...

super wonderful! love all your details! thanks for playing with us at The Play Date Cafe!!!

Shelby said...

Love love love your take on the sketch and the flower is just stunning.

Shelby

Conniecrafter said...

Lovely flowers and love the bling border!

Andrea, said...

beautiful card, love the soft colours and sentiment

cheryl said...

oh this is just gorgeous,beautiful detail and sentiment bless you for playing at creative craft challenge this week,hugs Cherylxxxxxx

Grandma Bonnie said...

Cheryl, you make the pretties cards..everything about them i like!

Vicki Romaine said...

A lovely card. Thanks for entering "Coming Up Orange" at The Cheerful Stamp Pad.

NancyD said...

Truly a great sentiment card. Love the dies you used. Thanks for joining us this week at Creative Craft Challenge. NancyD

Melissa Craig said...

Fabulous card Cheryl! All of your elements are so fun and whimsical. I am so jealous that you get to play with the candy you won. I still haven't received my prize, let alone an acknowledgement to my comments and emails. Oh well.

I am so happy that you're back! I'm glad you were able to spend time with your daughter and I'm sure it was an enjoyable summer.