My First Christmas Card of the Season

Thursday, August 30, 2012

Time to get started on Christmas cards!
Actually, I didn't intend to make a Christmas card today, but I saw the St. Nick image and went with it. I used a Snow Marker around the edges of the image, then added a little Diamond Stickles on top of that. All my paper on this card is digital.



















For the card layout, I used the August 2012 Sketch For You to Try, and the color palette came from the ColourQ Challenge #152.

I made the white loopy bloom and tan rose with Die-namics dies. I can't believe I waited so long to get these dies...they are fantastic!


Even though this paper isn't a traditional Christmas design or color, I thought the white paper with the random dots was perfect for a Christmas card. I just wish I'd have turned that dp on the inside, so it looked more like ornaments hanging down. ;)

Thanks for stopping by, and have a great day!

I'd like to enter this card in the following challenges:
Sketch For You to Try: August 2012
Colour Q Challenge: CQC152
Christmas Stampin' All Year Long, CSAYL #25: Non-Traditional Colors
Jingle Belles: JB-12-18: Holiday B-I-N-G-O (Santa, flowers, ribbon)
Creative Card Crew Challenge #18: Christmas
Sentimental Sundays Challenge #117: Sewing or Faux Stitching
Simon Says Stamp: Anything Goes
Stamptacular Sunday Challenge #178: Roses & Ribbons

~Hugs,

 
Stamps: Sentimental Christmas (Flourishes); Dots & Flowers Background (Hero Arts); Santa Image (Magic Moonlight Studio)
Digital Paper: For the Boys, Shine: Karen Funk; Breezy: Karla Dudley (Design House Digital)
Ink: Distress Ink; Memento; Snow Marker
Dies: Mini Royal Roses, Loopy Blooms, Royal Leaves (MFT Stamps); Curved Rectangle (Spellbinders)
Accessories: Designer Pine punch (McGill); twine; burlap; felt; acrylic paint; Stickles; sewing thread; leaf pins; flowers
Size: A2 (4.25" x 5.5")
Thanks for visiting my blog!
To have Ink Up delivered to your inbox,
subscribe in the box at the top right of the page.

22 comments :

Sian Ridley said...

WOW! This card is incredible! I love all the textures and layers, it's fabulous! :)

Jessi Fogan said...

You can link up at Scrapbooker's Paradise too - this week is a holiday challenge :) And this card is gorgeous! I love the snow marker, and the stick pins & blooms are such fab embellishments.

Debbie said...

This is gorgeous, Cheryl!!! Your ability to put all the embellishments together so beautifully amazes and inspires me!!

Sylvia said...

Gorgeous display of art, Cheryl, I love your first Christmas card! Thanks for sharing your card with us at the colourQ this week.

Unknown said...

Your card is gorgeous. I love the Victorian Santa image. Simply stunning card. All of the distress features and accents just put it over the top.

Marie said...

What a beautiful vintage Christmas card, Cheryl. Love the faux snow! In fact it is the only kind of snow I really like.

Tracey McNeely said...

Wow Cheryl there are so many beautiful details on your card. Thank you so much for joining us this week at the colourQ!

lauren bergold said...

what gorgeously collagey holiday card, not to mention a FABULOUS take on all the different challenges! well done, and thanks for playing BINGO with us this week at JINGLE BELLES! ♥

SmilynStef said...

Wowza ... what a gorgeous card ... love the different flowers & wonderful stitching ... so glad you joined our BINGO fun at Jingle Belles.

Lisa Carroll said...

What a stunning creation! I love all teh little details and that you used non-traditional holiday colors. :) Thanks for playing along in our 'Anything Goes' challenge over at the Simon Says Stamp challenge blog! xx

paper fun said...

Simply gorgeous. The image is so sweet and I love the none tradional colors.

Thanks for joining in our Christmas challenge at Creative Card Crew.

Mari

Elaine aka Ellapu said...

WOW this is stunning absolutely love it
Thanks for sharing over at Creative Card Crew this time
Elaine DT

Conniecrafter said...

Oh Wow what a stunning christmas card, this must be going to someone special, such great layering textures and image, love the snow effect!

Maria said...

Wow! What an amazing Christmas card with so many gorgeous details...LOVE IT! Sweet beautiful flower! Great use of burlap, pins, and sewing, too! Very eye catching and interesting card, Cheryl! Take care and have a wonderful weekend, hugs!

Heather Rogers said...

I love this vintage Christmas beauty!

Denise @ kc242 said...

Such a lovely Christmas card! Thanks so much for joining us at the creative card crew for our challenge. Good Luck!
Denise
CCC-DT
I have blog candy available through Sept if you are interested!

Unknown said...

Wow there are so many amazing details on this card. Thank you for joining us this week at the ColourQ.

Anita Scroggins said...

Fabulous card and I love the colors. I am using "non-traditional" colors this year also on my cards. Love every single detail here! I am your newest follower, It would be great if you could stop by my blog sometime too. Thanks for playing along with ColourQ this week!

Archana said...

Stunning card. Love the image. What a pretty stitching all over. Such a beautiful sketch. I am glad you joined with us at sentimental sundays challenge.
hugs,
www.craftycity.com

Melissa Craig said...

Love the loopy flower. I'm going there this coming weekend, MFT, I mean. I can't wait. Gorgeous Christmas card.

Stacy Morgan said...

THUD!!! Okay seriously when I come to your blog I always walk away just amazed. Firstly... your first card for the year, I have been working on them all year. ha! I am ahead of you. hee hee Secondly... this is fantastic. The snow around the image panel is awesome, the colors are perfect and I really really like the design on this. Beautiful Cheryl.

LittleCraftsbyLia said...

What a lovely card! Thanks so much for joining the Creative Card Crew „Christmas Challenge“!
I wish you good luck – make sure to come back to see who’ll be our winner!
Hugs, Elisa (DT)