Such a Doll

Friday, July 27, 2012

Hi Friends! I hope you all had a good week, and have something fun planned for the weekend. This time tomorrow night, my DD and I, along with one of her friends and his mom, will be inside the Georgia Aquarium for a sleepover! I don't really know what to expect, but it should be fun!

Speaking of fun, I was able to do a little crafting today, and have a card to share with you. My Favorite Things is having their MFT Guest Designer Contest right now, and I decided to give it a go.
This little girl is adorable! The stamp set is called Pure Innocence Paper Doll. And, I love the coordinating MFT Die-namics Paper Doll Border die. Did you make paper doll chains as a kid? I know I did! Do little girls even do that kind of thing anymore? I don't think my 8-year old DD ever has. Looks like I need to remedy that soon. ;)

Here's the sketch for this contest. You have until August 6th to enter. If you have any MFT Stamps, get busy! The winner, besides having the honor of being a guest designer for MFT, will also win a prize worth over $200 in MFT products!!! Awesome, huh? :D


I colored the image with Copics and paper pieced the dress. The stamp actually has the girl holding a paper doll chain, but I wanted to use the die cut chain instead. Because the stamped doll chain is slightly smaller than the die cut chain, I didn't want them stamped across the dress, so I first stamped the dress on scrap paper, cut it out, then traced it onto the dp, so that when I cut that out, it wouldn't have the stamped dolls on it. When I glued the die cut between her hands, I only had to worry about covering the stamped dolls on the two end paper dolls. I used a white gel pen to cover any lines that showed. Also, since the die cut is larger than the stamped chain, I folded the "hands" up on the paper dolls for a little dimension.


For the rolled flower, I used the Die-namics Rolled Scalloped Flower die, and added a pearl to the center. The leaf stamp and die is from Verve. Both the flower and the leaf were cut from Vintage Damask digi paper from Print Candee. On the other roses, I added Stickles for a little sparkle.

The Paper Doll die cut on the inside is from the same dp as the floral dp layer on the front of the card. The sentiment is another from the Paper Doll stamp set. There are 5 cute ones to choose from!

That's it for my card today. Thanks for stopping by, and enjoy your weekend!

~Hugs,
 
Stamps: Pure Innocence Paper Dolls (MFT Stamps); Bloom & Grow (Verve)
Paper: Circa 1934 (Cosmo Cricket); Avalon (Bazzill Basics); Vintage Damask digi paper (Print Candee)
Ink: Memento; Copics; Distress Ink; Colorbox; white gel pen
Dies: Paper Doll Border, Rolled Scallop Flower (MFT Die-namics); Elegant Leaves (Verve); Labels Seven, Labels One (Spellbinders)
Accessories: Parisian Edger punch (EK Success); ribbon; pearl; flowers; Pearl Pen; Stickles; sewing thread
Size: 5" sq.
Thanks for visiting my blog!
To have Ink Up delivered to your inbox,
subscribe in the box at the top right of the page.

7 comments :

Maria said...

Such a doll is right!!! I just LOVE that little gal holding the paper dolls, so so CUTE! You did a great job coloring her! Gorgeous rolled flowers, too! Good luck with guest designer spot! I think this card is a winner!!!

Jessi Fogan said...

Now this is a stunning card! Every little detail is just right, Cheryl :) Those paper dolls are so cute - a crafty friend sent me a few & I've been hoarding them. Funny the things we did as kids that we don't always remember to show our own kids, isn't it? You've got me thinking about it too!

Conniecrafter said...

Sounds like you have a fun and interesting weekend ahead of you.... such a sweet card and love the paper dolls idea,pretty flowers!

Sue Lelli said...

This is just DARLING, Cheryl! Good Luck but this card is surely a winner! LOVE the paper dolls and the GORGEOUS flowers! FAB card!

Donna Heber said...

Hi Cheryl,

Adorable card! It is so different and I love it.

Heather Rogers said...

So sweet Cheryl! You did a great job paper piecing her outfit. I hope you had a fun time at the aquarium. :)

Hugs~

Melissa Craig said...

Super sweet card! The paper dolls are perfect, I wish I could've figured out how to cut those.