You Are Such a Joy!

Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Hello Friends! I'm back to making cards again, after a break for cleaning, organizing, and sewing, and this one was so much fun to make!

I saw this video tutorial on the Simon Says Stamp blog and loved the look, so I just had to try it for myself. I didn't color an image on mine, but I did use UTEE over my sentiment, then created a frame around the edge of the die cut with stamps and distressed it with Distress Ink. Most of it got covered up by the time I was finished with the card, but it still looks pretty. And, I recently won a challenge at Simon Says Stamp and used my gift voucher to buy some MFT rolled flower dies, which I used to make the felt flowers on this card. OMGosh--Awesome!

My card design came from the Viva la Verve August 2012 Week 3 sketch, but I added a few elements to give it a little bit of a shabby vintage look. The vintage image is a freebie from Magic Moonlight Studio. The polka dot strip across the top is actually Washi tape, which I adhered to kraft cs, then sewed to the card. This is my first time to use Washi tape. I've wondered what the big deal was, and now I know. I can't wait to get some other designs!
I bought an old dictionary from our local library during one of their book sales, and used a page for the inside of this card. The edges are inked with various colors of Distress Ink.

And, that's it for this card. I'll be back in the morning with my Tuesday Morning Sketch Challenge card. Until then, thanks for stopping by, and have a great day!

I'd like to enter this card in the following challenges:
Viva la Verve August 2012 Sketch Challenge Week 3-VLVAug2012
Simon Says Stamp: Animal Antics
Simon Says Stamp and Show Vintage Challenge: No Rules
TCP Tuesday Challenge: Use Washi Tape
Whimsy Stamps Inspirations Challenge #50: Lots of Layers
A Blog Named Hero Challenge #10: Krafty Crafter (use kraft)
Basic Grey Challenges #75: Anything Goes
Stamp & Create August Challenge: Stitch It Up

~Hugs,

 
Stamps: Kind Words (Verve); Organic Fabric Flourish (Inkadinkado)
Paper: Digi Image (Magic Moonlight Studio); Out of Print (Basic Grey); kraft; dictionary page
Ink: Distress Ink; Memento; clear embossing ink
Dies: Labels Three, Labels Twenty-One, Labels Eighteen, Antique Frame & Accents (Spellbinders); Die-namics Mini Rolled Roses, Die-namics Rolled Mum (My Favorite Things)
Accessories: Trendy Tape (Queen & Co); burlap; felt; lace; mini staples; UTEE; pearls; eyelets; sewing thread; Enamel Accents
Size: A2 (4.25" x 5.5")
Thanks for visiting my blog!
To have Ink Up delivered to your inbox,
subscribe in the box at the top right of the page.

10 comments :

Jessi Fogan said...

Love the fun shabby look! How cute is that image - I've bookmarked the site for a good browse later on :) And those flowers...so soft & touchable!

Lin said...

Beautifully done, Cheryl! I'm so glad you shared this with us at the Simon Says Stamp challenge!

Candy C said...

Cheryl, your card is so lovely. It's got such a wonderful, vintage feeling to it. And I totally love the image of the little girl holding the puppy paired with that sentiment. So sweet! Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp and Show. <3 Candy

Sarah said...

This is just gorgeous Cheryl. Thank you for joining us at Whimsy Stamps for our Lots of Layers challenge x

Rebecca Deeprose said...

Beautiful Cheryl!! Can't wait to watch the video~ Love what you've done!

Tina said...

Beautiful, vintage feel. Love all the felt roses and touch of lace. Thanks for joining us at A Blog Named Hero.

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

Absolutely gorgeous!

Conniecrafter said...

Such a great image and love all the texture you brought to this, has a neat vintage feel about it and the inside is terrific too!

Mary Dawn said...

thanks so much for playing along with us at A Blog Named Hero

Maria said...

Sweet loveable image! Love this shabby card! Love the design and colors...perfect!