Thinking of You with a Tag

Monday, August 13, 2012

Hi Friends! I'll only be a second! Here's a card I made for a few challenges.

As it's a "thinking of you" card, I wanted it to look a little bit doodled on, so I stamped a lot of random stamps on the blue text cs, and added lots of Pearl Pen dots on the flags. I turned the partial circle layer into a tag. I layered two different digi papers to create the purple paper for the flags.



I turned the Viva la Verve sketch upside down, and used the CR84FN60 color challenge for my palette, even though I'm not entering that particular challenge since I'm entering more than two other challenges. :(

Here's a shot of the tag partially out of the pocket. To keep the tag from sliding behind the "thinking of you" sentiment layer, I glued down the entire left side of the upper panel, and only glued the right and bottom edges of the right side. To keep the tag from catching on the twine that is wrapped around the layer, I glued a strip of kraft cs over the twine on the backside.


And, this is what the entire tag looks like. The leaves stamp on the tag looks smeared on purpose. I stamped it twice. The first time I spritzed water on my stamp after inking it up. Then I re-stamped it without water to give it more definition. I colored the "O" of the tag sentiment with a Copic marker.

Thanks for stopping by, and have a wonderful week!

I'd like to enter this card in the following challenges:
Cute Card Thursday Challenge #229: Tag You're It!

~Hugs,

 
Stamps: Tag Time, Kind Words, Bloom & Grow (Verve); Under Lock & Key, Vintage Traveler (Our Craft Lounge); Summer Afternoon, Vintage Dreamer (Taylored Expressions); Avignon (7 Gypsies)
Paper: Breeze (My Mind's Eye); Reflections (Prima); kraft; Kim's Scrappin' Color Purple digi paper; Grungy Tile digi paper (Lost & Taken) 
Ink: Distress Ink; Memento; Colorbox; Copic markers
Dies: Nested Lacey Pennants, Ribbon Tag Trio Two (Spellbinders); Brackets (Tim Holtz-Sizzix); Tagged Rectangle, Elegant Leaves (Verve)
Accessories: Woodgrain embossing folder (Sizzix); ribbon (Offray); twine; pearls; mini round gems; eyelet; buttons; Liquid Pearls; Pearl Pen; corner chomper; sewing thread; foam dots
Size: A2 (5.5" x 4.25")
Thanks for visiting my blog!
To have Ink Up delivered to your inbox,
subscribe in the box at the top right of the page.

8 comments :

Jessi Fogan said...

I'm really loving the dimension on the purple flags - the Pearl Pen looks like fun :) Such a neat collage look on the blue panel, too - I haven't tried that in ages. The pull-out tag is a really fun element!

Carla S. said...

Gorgeous creation, Cheryl! Love the rich colors and all the great details, including the pull-out tag!

Maria said...

Ohhh...gorgeous card, Cheryl! Love the rich colors and all those little banners! Great detail for this lovely card! Take care and have a wonderful week, hugs!

Sue Lelli said...

Cheryl, LOVE the flags with the dots and the stamping on the blue! This card is just GORGEOUS!

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

Such a cool card! Love it!

Heather Rogers said...

This is fabulous Cheryl! Love the cute tag tucked away in the card. Thanks for playing at CR84FN. :)

Hugs~

Shelby said...

Love the rich bold colors you've used. The row of banners looks awesome and the tag is a fantastic idea!

Shelby

Conniecrafter said...

Awesome, such great stamping and love the flags with the pearl pen accents!