Winter Owl

Saturday, November 5, 2011


Hi Friends! Sorry I've been absent for so long. I've been making cards that won't be posted for a week or so. But, I finally finished one that I can share now, and it is so cute! It's for a challenge that is new to me: the Outlines Monday Challenge 24. The theme this week is Friendly Fliers--something that flies, butterflies, dragonflies, ladybugs, etc., and I just happened to order this adorable Winter Owl stamp about a week ago, so it was perfect!

When I started coloring this little guy, I was just playing around, figuring I would toss this one, re-stamp it and color it up for real later, but the more I worked on it, the more I liked it, so I kept it. I used Copics to color it, a Snow Marker for the trim on his hat, Stickles for all the glitter, Enamel Accents, Liquid Pearls, and Glossy Accents for his eyes. The close up photo at the top shows the sparkle really well.

All the patterned paper is digital, but before I printed it out, I altered the color to make it more vivid and just a little yellow. The blue snowflake bg paper is also digital, and I altered it to make it lighter and more vivid, but I can't remember the designer. I'll add that information in here later, if I can find it out.

I absolutely love all these dp's, so I used them all again on the inside. I'll be using this paper again, I'm sure.



Well, my DD and I are off to see Puss in Boots, so I'll leave you here.

Thanks for stopping by, and have a fantastic weekend!

~Hugs,  
 
Stamps: Winter Owl, Happy Happy Holidays (Outlines Rubber Stamp Co.)
Paper: Happy Go Lucky Stripe-colors altered, Happy Go Lucky Paisley-colors altered (Shabby Princess-digital papers); Dark Blue Distressed with Snowflakes-colors altered (digital, designer unknown)
Ink: Memento; Tim Holtz Distress Ink; Copic markers
Dies: Lacy Squares, Classic Ric Rac, Labels One (Spellbinders)
Accessories: Ribbon (Michaels); flower (Recollections); Liquid Pearls; Enamel Accents (Inkssentials); Corner Chomper; colored pencils (Prismacolor); Stickles; Glossy Accents; ; Snow Marker (Marvy); sewing thread
Size: A6 (4.5" x 6.25")
Thanks for visiting my blog!
To have Ink Up delivered to your inbox,
subscribe in the box at the top right of the page.

12 comments :

TesaB said...

This is soooo coool! FAB stamp and FAB papers!!!! :):):)

Julia said...

Perfectly done! The colors are fabulous and everything is so well put together. I love owls :)

Audrey Pettit said...

Beautiful card, Cheryl! LOVE the colors and papers. Such lovely jewel tones. And what a cutie pie image. LOVE your coloring and the added touches of sparkle. :)

Beate said...

What an awesome card. I love the paper you paired with this funky image. Perfect!
Hugs and smiles

Mona Pendleton said...

What a fun card Cheryl! Love the shimmery star!

stampqueen said...

Beautiful card - love the colors and the sparkle!!!

Jenny Gropp said...

LOVING all the colors you used --- its warm, rich and beautifully done!!! Thanks for joining the Outlines Challenge this week!!!

Paper Creations by Shirley said...

Beautiful card, love the colours, congrats on your win !

Shirley said...

What a really beautiful and too too cute card! Love your colors and the whole design!

Shannon White said...

Wow Miss Cheryl This is soo Fun and Festive! Love your Darling Christmas Owl image! Too cute! Love your coloring and the Fab dp's you paired him with too! Just So Adorable! 8-)

Hugs
Shannon

Pauline said...

Another gorgeous card, love this fun image, and your fun colouring too! Bright, cheerful and very jolly!

Jeanne J. said...

I love that owl and the colors are great! Looks like an image from a story book!!