Holiday Surprise Box

Monday, November 21, 2011

Hi Friends, and Happy Monday to you! I hope you had a great weekend. We celebrated Thanksgiving early with my husband's sister and her family in northwest Georgia and had a great time. As usual, her cooking was delicious, and I ate waaayyyy too much. But, we only get to go up there a few times a year, so I don't beat myself up about it. We'll be doing it all over again here at our house in a few days with my family.

I have another secret box to share with you today. Seriously, if you haven't made one of these boxes yet, you should. It's a lot of fun and it makes a great gift.

This one is for a friend I met when our children were in kindergarten together and we were co-room mothers. She has a girl and a boy, so the new Flourishes Christmas silhouettes were perfect.

Unlike my first secret box, Birds on a Box, I decided to decorate the back sides of the box. Not too elaborate, but I wanted something to keep it from being so bare. So, I used an Ironworks Motif in a green shimmer cs.

I filled the box with Ghirardelli Squares--peppermint bark, eggnog, and pumpkin spice...yum!

Thanks for stopping by. Have a wonderful week, and if I don't see you again before Thursday, a Happy Thanksgiving!!!

 
Stamps: A Season of Celebrations (Flourishes)
Paper: Gingerbread Fun Mini Digi Paper (Designs by Krista); Shimmer Stack (DCWV)
Ink: Tim Holtz Distress Ink
Dies: Ironwork Motifs, Std Circles Lg, Holly Accents (Spellbinders)
Accessories: Stickles; foam dots; magnets
Size: 3" cube
Thanks for visiting my blog!
To have Ink Up delivered to your inbox,
subscribe in the box at the top right of the page.

5 comments :

Heather Rogers said...

Such a cute box Cheryl. That looks like it took some time to make. I always love some chocolates. :)
Hugs~

Joan Ervin said...

OMG...this is fabulous!!!! I love the stamps you used for the sides and the sentiment at the top is just perfect!!!!

Shirley said...

Cheryl, this is just beautiful. What a keeper for someone. I love what you did with the silhouettes. Wow!

Theresa said...

Hi Cheryl, I think this is amazing. What patients it would take to put this together. Beautifully done!!

Shannon White said...

Oh My goodness this is so Fabulous! Love this treat box! What a great little gift! I am definitely going to have to try this out! And you decorated it sow Beautifully too! Love the Darling images and dp's you chose! Just Beautiful my friend! 8-)

Hugs
Shannon