Reindeer Fly

Tuesday, November 29, 2011


Hi Friends! I'm back. And, this time I have a Christmas card to share with you. I wish I could take credit for the fabulous layout of this card, but I can't--it's from the Week 2 Viva la Verve November 2011 Sketch Challenge. It's such a classic design. I'll definitely be using it again. :)

I've made previous unsuccessful attempts to use the Out of the Box technique, but this time I think I finally figured out my problem. The technique worked great with the reindeer, and I love how his antlers extend beyond the circle. I added Diamond Stickles to the snowflakes on his body, Lime Green Stickles to his antlers, and Xmas Red Stickles along the edge of the circle. The gold dots in the corners of the embossed bg are from a Pearl Pen. The edge of the green Labels One Spellbinders die-cut layer is paper pierced.

On the inside, I used Classic Ric Rac Edgebilities dies to cut the neutral layer and backed it with green dp. I love the sentiment, and this is the perfect day to use it--we're supposed to get our first bit of snow here tonight. :)

I hope you have a wonderful day tomorrow. Stay warm!

~Hugs, 
 
Stamps: Sparkle & Cheer (Taylored Expressions)
Paper: Wonder (Authentique)
Ink: Tim Holtz Distress Ink; Memento
Dies: Labels One, Std. Circles Lg.,Classic Ric Rac Edgebilities (Spellbinders)
Accessories: Damask Embossing Folder (Sizzix); seam binding (Hug Snug); Paper Piercer; Pearl Pen; Stickles; sewing thread
Size: A2 (4.25" x 5.5")
Thanks for visiting my blog!
To have Ink Up delivered to your inbox,
subscribe in the box at the top right of the page.


2 comments :

Kristii said...

Oh my, what a beautiful card inside and out!!! Love the embossed background and the ribbon and jewels are the perfect touch!!!

Lori said...

Really pretty card...the color combo is beautiufl.