Happy Turkey Day!

Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Hi Friends! I've got a cute turkey card to share with you today, but before I do, I have to show you the blog candy I received from Melissa at Tuesday Morning Sketches for winning the Think Pink challenge in October.


Wow! What fab candy! She even sent me three of the beautiful cards she made during the month-long challenge. If you haven't played along at Tuesday Morning Sketches, mosey on over there and give it a try. You'll love her sketches! Melissa just posted the newest sketch today, so you have until this coming Sunday at 8PM to enter.

And, as a reminder, the Prickley Pear Rubber Stamp November sketch challenge is open to everyone now. You don't have to use PPRS stamps, and you have until November 30th to enter. You should see the samples the DT have for the challenge this week...AWESOME!

Now for that turkey card. The sketch is Sweet Sunday Sketch Challenge 143, and the Outlines Monday Challenge 26 theme is Thanksgiving or Fall.

Isn't that little guy sweet? Not too happy looking, though, is he? I guess I can't blame him, this time of year. I colored him with Copics, put Glossy Accents on his beak, and black Enamel Accents on his eyes. The dark red shiny dots in the corners of the turkey square were colored with a Copic, then covered with Glossy Accents, too. Now that they've dried, they look like little bits of cranberry sauce on the card. I used Stickles on the green border around the turkey.

For the sentiment, I cut the tag out of white cs, then sponged Peeled Paint Distress Ink on the edges, then Walnut Stain. I sponged Wild Honey over the entire tag, then sprayed it with Perfect Pearls Mist in Heirloom Gold (I just LOVE that stuff!). The sentiment is heat embossed in Chocolate Brown.

I think the stitch I used around the bg paper is called a feather stitch. I thought it was appropriate for a turkey card. The burgundy stitching along the sides of the dp layer is the same stitch I used on my Holiday Surprise card a few days ago. This time, I didn't make any sudden jags while sewing, but did end up with slight curved lines rather than straight ones. I think I need to practice using that stitch before I use it on another card. To make it, the machine has to do a lot of forward and backward movements and it makes the paper jump around. It's a cool stitch if I can learn to control it!!! :) The bottom edge of the dp is punched with a scallop punch and I distressed the top with my Distrezzer. Fantastic tool, by the way.

I went a little crazy with the Stickles, but I just love sparkle on a card, and the Fleur de Lis die cut looked a little bare without it.

And, of course, I couldn't have all that glam on the front and not have just a little bit inside, too.

Thanks so much for stopping by today! And, don't forget to play in the Prickley Pear Sketch Challenge, as well as the Tuesday Morning Sketch Challenge. Fab sketches, sweet prizes!

~Hugs,
 
Stamps: Turkey Square Lg, Tiny Happy Turkey Day (Outlines Rubber Stamps)
Paper: Tim Coffey Fall Nat Pad (K&Co); Shimmer Stack (DCWV)
Ink: Tim Holtz Distress Ink; Memento; Versamark; Colorbox; Copic markers
Dies: Fleur de Lis Pendants, Fancy Tags, Curved Rectangles (Spellbinders)
Accessories: Scallop Diamond Edge Punch (EK Success); embossing powder (Zing); Clair de Lune velvet ribbon (Fancy Pants Design); satin ribbon (Michaels); Stickles; Enamel Accents (Inkssentials); Pearl Pen; Glossy Accents; Perfect Pearls Mist; sewing thread; foam dots
Size: A2 (4.25" x 5.5")
Thanks for visiting my blog!
To have Ink Up delivered to your inbox,
subscribe in the box at the top right of the page.

16 comments :

Gerry said...

Oh! Soooo cute

Jenny Gropp said...

Fab card.... Your turkey is totally dressed up on this card with all the great details! I loved the cranberry sauce dots and the way you colored the tags.... PPM heirloom Gold is my favorite too. Thanks for playing along with Outlines!

Monika/Buzsy said...

Lovely Fall card Cheryl. The turkey image is so pretty and the colors are perfect. Great stitching and die-cuts! :o)

Kecia said...

This is gorgeous! I love the rich, warm colors. A fabulous Thanksgiving card, indeed!

Happy Thanksgiving to you!

Renee Thompson said...

Cheryl, what a beautiful blog -- and your cards are to die for! Of course I'm not at all surprised; I remember visiting your home one time, and being blown away by your cross-stitching. I'll definitely keep tabs on your lovely work.
xo Renee

wendy said...

Holy smokes..what a gorgeous CARD!!!!! thought I'd stop by for a visit ...great blog too!

Jan Hennings said...

Such a beautiful Thanksgiving card and congrats on winning such a nice bunch of blog candy :) Thanks for your sweet comment on my train on the Really Reasonable Ribbon blog :) Good luck :)

Sue Lelli said...

Cheryl, I LOVE the glossy accent on the beak and that feather stitch! How PERFECT! LOVE this card! I don't think I would look too happy either with Thanksgiving coming up! I just bought MY turkey yesterday!

Pauline said...

Wow, what a gorgeous thanksgiving day card, love the beautifully embellished ornate frame, and the sweet image!
Thank you for your lovely comment on my blog xx

Donna Heber said...

Awesome turkey card Cheryl! I just love the brown tones and double layered ribbon.

Marie said...

Wow great Think Pink gift pkg. great idea using glossy accents over colored circles. It is like custom colored brads. Lovely turkey card.

Joan Ervin said...

What a beautiful Thanksgiving card...the turley is just tooo cute and I love the fancy diecuts and the sparkle around the image!!!

Audrey Pettit said...

What a beautiful card, Cheryl! So much glamorous detail. Love the fancy die cut behind the turkey. Beautiful coloring and I love all the added sparkle. You made me smile with the cranberry sauce reference. :)

Sue from Oregon said...

I had a great time reading about all the fun inks and spritzes you used on your fabulous creation! Great use of image and layout! A great fall card! Thanks for joining us at Outlines Monday Challenge! ♥ Sue Kment

Shirley said...

A really warm, pretty, cute and fun Thanksgiving card! Great colors and corners for your Outlines image too!

Shannon White said...

So Pretty and Adorable all at the same time Miss Cheryl!
Love the Warm rich fall colors and dp's and your fleur de lis frame is just Fabulous! 8-) Love the whole thing!

Hope your Thanksgiving was Wonderful Lady!

Hugs
Shannon