This project took me longer than anything I've ever worked on, but I think all my time was worth it. That said, this is a fairly long post, and very photo heavy. :)
Both The Shabby Tea Room and Stampin' For the Weekend had spectacular photos for inspiration. I just love all the girliness in them.
I decided right away that I was going to use Prima's Fairy Flora paper pack and a Vintage Damask digi paper, so that part was easy. But, finding a sketch wasn't, because I wanted to use several different papers and didn't want to cover them up too much. I tried several sketches, and this one, from the Simon Says Stamp Challenge this week was perfect!
My sewing machine has a lot of built-in stitches that I've never used, so I thought I'd try one out here. Being a fairy project, a leaf stitch seemed like a good choice. I used a meandering stitch on the bg paper, and alternated between zig zag and straight stitch on the vertical panel.
Every little girl needs lots of sparkle in her bedroom, so I used Stickles on Tink's wings, shoes, eyes, and the edges of the flowers.
The white dots around the "Hello Baby" sentiment are Liquid Pearls. The yellow center on the pearl flowers are dots of yellow Liquid Pearls, too.
If you've read my blog very long, you know I love making my own rub-ons with transparencies. All the sentiments on the project, except for the Flourishes Hello Baby stamp, were made in Word, printed on transparencies, and rubbed onto the cs. I could just print directly onto the cs, but I prefer the look of rub-ons because it looks more like a stamp.
I like decorating the back of my wall hangings so they double as a card. For this one, I used the Vintage Damask digital dp again, in green and in violet. I paper pierced the edge of the die cut, stamped a Heidi Grace flower, added my rub on quote and sentiment, distressed the green dp, added another Heidi Grace corner stamp, inked the edges, then glued it all down. Oh, and I've learned to add the eyelets to the back layer of the wall hanging and to thread my ribbon through, before adhering the decorative front. It hangs much better that way, and I prefer not seeing the eyelets from the front most of the time.
The flourish stamp at the bottom of the project came from a Heidi Grace set that I won in a Color Throwdown Challenge/Blog Hop. Check out the blog candy I received from DT member, Wanda Cullen! Thanks, again, Wanda!
Here are a couple of photos of what I've been spending my time on lately: making doll clothes! My DD is thrilled with them, but, MAN, are they time consuming!
Thanks for stopping by and hanging with me until the end! ;) Have a wonderful week!
I'd like to enter my wall hanging card project in the following challenges:
Simon Says Stamp: Dawny's Sketch
Flourishes Bring Back Beautiful BBB24: The Beauty of Winged Things
The Shabby Tea Room Week #124: 'Oh-So Pretty in Pink'
Cute Card Thursday Challenge #226: Fairy Nice
Moving Along With the Times Challenge: We Are In the Pink (Pink, Pearly, and Pretty Celebration)
Whimsy Stamps Challenge #48: Punches and Edgers
Crazy 4 Challenges C4C146: Stitching--Faux or Real
Fat Pages & Cards With Attitude #18: Anything Goes
The Poodles Parlour: Use a Digi Stamp
Stampin' For the Weekend #14: Photo Inspiration
Digi Doodle Shop Challenge #117: Anything Goes
Sentimental Sundays #112: Things With Wings
Color Me Creative Challenge #48: Anything Goes With a Girly Twist
Totally Gorjuss Challenge #141: Leaf It In!
Stamps: Little Honey's Tinkerbell (Sassy Studio Designs); Hello Baby (Flourishes); Wild Daisy Road (Heidi Grace)
Paper: Fairy Flora (Prima); Vintage Damask Digital Paper (Print Candee)
Ink: Copic markers; Distress Ink; Colorbox
Dies: Fancy Tags Two, Labels One, Floral Doily Accent, Labels 25, Classic Scalloped Circles Sm, Bird Flourishes (Spellbinders)
Accessories: Abstract Flower Edge Punch (EK Success); tulle ribbon; mini pompom trim; satin ribbon; rhinestones; pearls; eyelets; flowers; Stickles; Liquid Pearls; sewing thread; foam dots; Distrezz-It-All; some sentiments created in Word.
Size: 6-3/4" x 8"