A Bold & Beautiful, Happy Hello!

Friday, July 13, 2012

Hi Friends! Quick post here...I wanted to enter the Bold & Beautiful new release challenge (FLLCJULRW1) over at Flourishes, so I have a very bright card to share with you today, that was simple and quick to make.


I think this is my first time to use this medallion stamp. Isn't it beautiful? The detail, even with embossing, is amazing! I really like the bright pink and yellow embossing on the neon green cs, and the blue layers keep the card from completely blinding you! :) I added a touch of Stickles on the flower.

The layers are raised with crimped cs. I've talked about how I do it in previous posts, but if you have any questions, just leave a comment or send me an email--it's a very simple technique, and is perfect for large pieces, like on this card. Here, I cut slots in the crimped paper layers, where the pompom trim wrapped around, so that there wouldn't be a bulge in those spots.

I wanted the inside to be bright and happy, too, but also have enough room to write a short personal message. The pink, embossed corners were made with a stamp from the $1 bin at Joann's.

That's it, for now. Thanks for stopping by, and have a BEAUTIFUL weekend!

~Hugs,
 
Stamps: Medallion Motif (Flourishes); Fleur de Lis accent (Inkadinkadoo)
Ink: Distress Ink; Clear Distress Embossing Ink
Dies: Labels Thirteen (Spellbinders)
Accessories: Abstract Flower Edge Punch (EKSuccess); embossing powder (Zing); rhinestones; flower; Stickles; ribbon & mini pompom trim; paper crimper 
Size: A2 (4.25" x 5.5")
Thanks for visiting my blog!
To have Ink Up delivered to your inbox,
subscribe in the box at the top right of the page.

8 comments :

Jessi Fogan said...

Super bright & super fun! I love the embossing, and the yellow flower is awesome. The pom-pom trim is such a fun touch- I want to pet it :)

Heather Rogers said...

Bold and Beautiful Cheryl Love the scalloped border too. :)

Marie said...

What a delightful card, Cheryl. Love the bold color palette.

Melissa Craig said...

What a fun card Cheryl! I love the colors and the trim is awesome.

Conniecrafter said...

such pretty shimmer on the flower and love the gems on the border!

Theresa said...

I love that medallion...and wow what a beauty you've created. I love the bright and bold colors. Simply gorgeous.

Joan Ervin said...

Ooooh, what a pretty design...the medallion in the background looks awesome and what gorgeous colors and details!!!!

Shelby said...

These bright cheery colors look amazing and love all of the different patterns you've used.

Shelby