Psalm 37:4

Sunday, July 15, 2012

Hi Friends! I have one last card to share with you before I have to clean up my craft room. I promised my DD that I'd make her some Barbie clothes, so all the dust and ink needs to go away for a little while. :)

I seldom base a card off the bg paper, but the pretty tree and bird image on this paper just called to me. Then, I just added a stamped verse, punches and die cuts, some sewing, a couple of eyelets, sparkly ribbon, shimmery butterflies, and distressing. 

I used the Viva la Verve July 2012 Week 3 sketch almost exactly as it's drawn.

There's plenty of room inside for a personal message. 

Well, I'm off to do some tidying up. If the doll clothes turn out presentable, I'll post pictures of them next week. :)

Thanks for stopping by, and have a wonderful day of rest!

I'd like to enter this card in the following challenges:


~Hugs,
 
Stamps: Psalm 37:4 Plain Jane (Verve Stamps)
Paper: So Sophie (My Mind's Eye); Mango Frost (DCWV); kraft
Ink: Distress Ink; Memento
Dies: Std Circles Sm, Fancy Tags Three, Romantic Rectangles (Spellbinders)
Accessories: Binding Edge punch (EKSuccess); Double Loops punch, Classic Butterfly punch (Martha Stewart); metallic ribbon (Wyla-from Joann's); pearls; eyelets; sewing thread; foam dots; Distrezz-it-all (Zutter)
Size: A2 (4.25" x 5.5")
Thanks for visiting my blog!
To have Ink Up delivered to your inbox,
subscribe in the box at the top right of the page.

18 comments :

Michelle said...

Beautiful! Love the dies you've used. That's a great sketch too. Everyone seems to be using it this week. I may have to go check out that blog. Thanks for playing along this week at SSiC. And good luck with your Barbie clothes!! So glad my girls have out-grown Barbies! Those tiny things can be a challenge to sew!
Blessings,
Michelle

Erum Tasneem said...

wowie!!! what gorgeous colours! i love your card.
Thank you for playing at Sentimental Sundays this week.

Maria said...

Very lovely card, Cheryl! Love the dies you used and the wonderful bible verse! Have fun sewing the barbie clothes. I remember when my Mom used to sew them for us...so fun! Take care, hugs!

Theresa said...

Hi Cheryl, this is gorgeous. Sometimes it's nice to highlight the paper. I love the different elements you have used. Simply lovely. Thanks for joining us this week at There She Goes.

Jessi Fogan said...

Doll clothes! I so miss out on that stuff having boys. Boo, hiss. Enjoy making them - I hope :)
Your card is gorgeous, and I love the sparkly ribbon & all the incredible details - punches, sponging, teensy butterflies!

Conniecrafter said...

very pretty, love what you did with the sketch, like the punched piece with the eyelets... good luck with the doll clothes, I am sure she will be very happy to have them!

Melissa Craig said...

GORGEOUS! I love the colors, so rich and warm. Lovely sentiment.

Joan Ervin said...

This is beautiful, Cheryl....you did a fantastic job with the sketch and I love the warm, rich colors you used!!!!!

Carla S. said...

Gorgeous card, Cheryl! I love the papers and diecuts! Wonderful verse! Have fun with the doll clothes!

knitmachinequeen (KMQ) said...

Just perfect for our "Rough Around the Edges" challenge this week at Sentimental Sundays. Good luck and please join us again soon. xx Rachelle SS DT

Audrey Pettit said...

Wow! This is absolutely stunning, Cheryl!

Kathy said...

Very pretty Cheryl, those papers are just lovely. Thanks for playing along at Sentimental Sundays this time around.

Kathy said...

Very pretty Cheryl, those papers are just lovely. Thanks for playing along at Sentimental Sundays this time around.

Helen said...

Wow! This is gorgeous! I love the colors and those little butterflies. I love that verse, too! Wonderful card! Thank you for sharing it with us this week at Stampin Sisters in Christ! ~H

Shelby said...

Wow! What a gorgeously lush card! Love how you've done the ribbon as well

Shelby

MariLynn said...

This is gorgeous. I think pearls add the touch of elegance to your card.

febe said...

Stunning colors and lovely layers :)

ppc guru

Grandma Bonnie said...

Cheryl, this is gorgeous! I love your style!