Prickley Pear Rubber Stamps Monday: Winter Post

Monday, December 5, 2011


Hi Friends! Did you have a nice weekend? We got our Christmas tree up and decorated here at home, so now I've just got to get my shopping done and the gifts wrapped. Oh, and let's not forget sending out Christmas cards. :)

Speaking of Christmas cards, it's Prickley Pear Rubber Stamps Monday and I'm excited to share my card with you today. As you might expect, it's a Christmas card.

I used the red rubber Winter's Glow Postage Stamp for the front of my card. I colored it with Copics, used a teeny bit of Stickles on the candle flame, and used Glossy Accents on the lantern glass. It's mounted on an Ironwork Accents die cut that is cut from gold colored duct tape. I cut the die cut in half so I could spread it out long enough to fit the stamped image.

On the inside, I used the Small Snowflake 2 red rubber stamp as a background image, and the Christmas Season red rubber sentiment stamp is layered on top of an embossed red circle and another Ironwork Accents die cut. I used Stickles and Enamel Accents for a bit of glitz on the Ironwork Accent layer.

Be sure to stop by the Prickley Pear Rubber Stamps blog and check out the other DT member's creations for this week. You're sure to be inspired by all the awesomeness going on there.


Thanks for stopping by, and have a fantastic week!

~Hugs,
 
Stamps: Winter's Glow Postage Stamp, Small Snowflake 2, Christmas Season (Prickley Pear Rubber Stamps)
Paper: Blitzen Collection (Bo Bunny)
Ink: Copic Markers, Memento, Tim Holtz Distress Ink
Dies: Ironwork Accents, Std Circles Lg (Spellbinders)
Accessories: Damask embossing folder (Sizzix); ribbon (Michael's); Snow Marker (Marvy); duct tape; snowflake brad (K&Co); twine; rhinestones; Enamel Accents (Inkssentials); Stickles
Size: A2 (4.25" x 5.5")
Thanks for visiting my blog!
To have Ink Up delivered to your inbox,
subscribe in the box at the top right of the page.

7 comments :

Leslie Miller said...

Oh, how pretty! I love how you've mounted the image with the Ironworks die cut. Who knew duct tape could be so pretty? Great ribbon and embellishment combo, too!

Audrey Pettit said...

Your card is gorgeous, Cheryl!! Love all the little details. The gold duct tape die cut is fabulous. Love your coloring on the lantern image and love the extra touches you added with the glitter and glossy accents. Just stunning, both inside and out!

Melissa said...

Once again, you've created a beautifully stunning card! You're one talented gal! The colors on this are so vivid, yet soft, and I love how you decorated the inside!

Kristii said...

Such a beautiful card!!! I love the colors and the stamped image! Absolutely fabulous!

Pauline said...

Beautiful card Cheryl, love the details and the gorgeous paper, and the festive feel of it too, magic!

Maria said...

A love Christmas card, Cheryl! Beautiful lantern! Gorgeous ribbon treatment! So lovely inside and out! Take care, hugs!

Lori said...

Both of your cards are so pretty, but I really love the first one. The color combo is right up my alley. Hugs, Lori