Beauty of Dreams

Friday, December 16, 2011






Hi Friends! If you saw this post an hour ago, you saw a raw, super quick shot of my card, using an on-camera flash instead of a light box and there was very little photo editing. I apologize for that. I was seriously under the wire on the Flourishes Feminine Flair Challenge, and I didn't have time for all that editing then. Here's a much better photo:




That gorgeous paper by Pink Paislee did most of the work on this card. I just layered a wide piece of lace over it, stamped the sentiment onto a white oval, sponged Spun Sugar Distress Ink inside the die and pierced the inside edge, then adhered an Ironwork Motif die cut to the back of the sentiment. The gold pearls on the Ironwork diecut are Pearl Pen pearls, and the little rose is resin. A few pink pearls in the upper corners and this card was done.

For the inside, I sponged Spun Sugar and Victorian Velvet inks on the edges of a white panel, adhered the Ironworks Accent strip along the top, and stamped the sentiment and rose in Stormy Sky, stamping on scrap paper first, to get a lighter blue on the card. I didn't stamp off for the rose well enough, and left some dark spots, but hey, it's handmade, right? :)


I seriously, didn't think I'd be making cards and posting again until after Christmas. I guess I'm just the tiniest bit obsessed. :)

Have a wonderful weekend!

~Hugs,
 
Stamps: Tag Lines, Sweet Nature (Flourishes)
Paper: Sweetness (Pink Paislee)
Ink: Tim Holtz Distress Ink
Dies: Ironwork Motifs, Ironwork Accents, Classic Ovals Lg (Spellbinders)
Accessories: Lace (Fancy Pants Designs; pearls; sewing thread; Pearl Pen; paper piercer; floral embellishment (Recollections)
Size: A2 (4.25" x 5.5")
Thanks for visiting my blog!
To have Ink Up delivered to your inbox,
subscribe in the box at the top right of the page.

10 comments :

Maria said...

Wow...one of my favs, Cheryl! So pretty and feminine...love it!! Merry Christmas to you and family, take care!!:-))

ChristineCreations said...

Oh my, that's absolutely beautiful with the wide lace over the paper! Stunning creation!

Mona Pendleton said...

Gorgeous card Cheryl! Awesome mix of stamps and patterned paper!

Theresa said...

Gorgeous!! Love that spun sugar. Just beautiful.

Audrey Pettit said...

How beautiful! Wow, love that sweet and feminine design. The lace overlay is fantastic!

Elizabeth said...

This is so gorgeous! Love the lace and the stitching!

Pauline said...

Handsome? Absolutely beautiful! Gosh, this is so pretty, it would just take the recipients breath away! Stunning!

Heather Rogers said...

Such a beautiful and feminine card Cheryl. Love the wide lace. :)
Hugs~

Shirley said...

Cheryl, What a really beautiful, feminine, and lovely card! The lace, the design and what you did with the rose and pearls is just wonderful! If I don't get back before, a Very Merry Christmas and Happy Healthy New Year to you and yours, Cheryl!!

Leslie Miller said...

I got all involved in reading reviews of the book, but wanted to be sure and come back to tell you how beautiful I find this card! What a lovely idea with the lace and stitching. Feminine flair at its best!