Bookbinding Soothes the Soul

Friday, November 27, 2015

I mentioned in my previous post that I've been binding books for the past few weeks, but I haven't felt much like putting them on my blog until now. As I get the photos edited, I'll post them. There won't be much information beyond photos, size, and types of stitches I used. If you have any other questions about the books, just leave me a comment and I'll be happy to answer them as well as I can.
Size: 4" x 5.25"
# of Sections: 5, with 7 folios in each
# of Pages: 140
Stitches: Coptic, Kettle
Closure: Elastic, attached with eyelets
Cover Material: Patterned Paper
Thread: Linen (Faux Wood Book); Hemp (Newsprint Book)
Faux Wood Book - Covers

Newsprint Book - Covers
Faux Wood Book - Front
Newsprint Book - Back
Faux Wood Book - inside cover and first page
Newsprint Book - inside cover and first page
Faux Wood Book - Spine

Newsprint Book - Spine


Here's a look at the books I'll be posting to my blog soon. The tall lavender book with orange gathered stitches is the only one that won't have it's own post. It's a checkbook register exactly like this one except the cover and stitch color are different.

I'm entering this project in the following challenge:
Sweet Stamps November Anything But a Card Challenge

~Hugs,
Thanks for visiting my blog!
To have Ink Up delivered to your inbox,
subscribe in the box at the top right of the page.

2 comments :

Bajalizzy said...

would love to know how to bind them to keep the pages in alignment - perhaps a photo of binding in action?

Sandy Fredrick said...

Beautiful collection of books, love the variety of colors and patterns you used for the covers. Thank you for joining our blog challenge at Sweetstamps.com.