Merry & Bright Joy!

Sunday, October 7, 2012

Hi Friends! I've got a Christams card to share with you tonight.


I used the Mojo Monday 261 sketch as my jumping-off-point. I'm pretty sure I'm going to be in a mad rush very soon to make enough Christmas cards for this year, so I guess it's time to get busy.
The "Joy" and dove stamps are from Taylored Expressions. I first sponged Distress Ink inside the die, then stamped the dove in copper Colorbox ink. When I stamped the "Joy" sentiment, I stamped it three times, in red, green, and brown ink, offsetting the stamp just a little bit each time. Then, I stamped it one more time, with clear embossing ink and used clear embossing powder. It's subtle, but pretty, and looks a little like wax on top of the copper colored dove stamp.

The horizontal strip is a piece of scrap corrugated cardboard. I sprayed it with Dylusions Ink Spray, and, after drying, I added a little bit of Perfect Pearls Mist. Rather than cut the end of the strip into points, I chose to just tear it. 

You might notice that my velvet ribbon doesn't go all the way to the bottom of the card, like it does in the sketch. That was on purpose, because I didn't want to cover up the Merry & Bright text on the dp. 


I worked, for a long time, trying to get the red flower to look right in the photos, and this is as close as I could get. IRL, it is a very rich, but vivid cranberry color. This is more of that fab felt from My Favorite Things. I added some red Stickles to the edges of some of the petals, and gold Stickles to the center. It's hard to see the stick pin, but it's in the upper right corner. It's one I made myself. :)

I used Dylusions Ink Sprays to color the Splendid Circle die cut, which started out as white card stock. I added several festive colors of Stickles around the edge of the die cut, as well as gold Stickles around the perimeter of the stamped circle. 

I usually decorate the inside of my cards, but I haven't done that to this one yet. If I do, I'll edit this post and add a photo of it later. 

Thanks for stopping by, and have a wonderful week!

I'd like to enter this in the following challenges:
Mojo Monday 261 (MOJO261)
Charisma Cardz Challenge #39: Badda Bing!
 
Stamps: Christmas Blessings (Taylored Expressions)
Paper: Lost & Found Christmas (My Mind's Eye); corrugated cardboard
Ink: Colorbox; Distress Ink; Memento; clear embossing ink
Dies: Splendid Circles, Std Circles Lg, Classic Scalloped Circles Lg (Spellbinders); Die-namics Royal Leaves, Die-namics Mini Royal Roses (My Favorite Things)
Accessories: Clear embossing powder; Dylusions Ink Spray; Stickles; Perfect Pearls Mist; felt (My Favorite Things); pin; beads; foam dots; sewing thread; Glossy Accents; velvet ribbon; Distrezz-it-All
Size: A2 (4.25" x 5.5")
Thanks for visiting my blog!
To have Ink Up delivered to your inbox,
subscribe in the box at the top right of the page.

7 comments :

Shelby said...

This is such a gorgeous Christmas card. Love your use of different elements and the use of the rich traditional colors is awesome.

Shelby

Lisa Carroll said...

This card is stunning! Such beautiful, rich colors, and I love all the textures and touches of glitter... WOW. :) Thanks for playing along in our 'Glimmer & Sparkle' challenge over at the Simon Says Stamp challenge blog! xx

Jessi Fogan said...

Absolutely stunning! I love that MME paper, and that stick pin is GORGEOUS! The layered JOY is really neat - must try that, and the corrugated cardboard is so cool sprayed like that! I was staring trying to figure out what it was before reading - such awesome texture & colour :)

Bubbles said...

ooooo... this is stunning!! so many gorgeous little touches! Thanks for joining us at Charisma Cardz.
Joanne x

Caz said...

This is lovely..Thank you for joining us at Charisma Cardz. And good luck.

Caz xx CC DT

Sue Lelli said...

GORGEOUS, Cheryl! LOVE the sparkly flower and how you didn't cover the words onthe bottom! So PRETTY!

Conniecrafter said...

very pretty, love all the sparkle!