Birthday Fishes Tag

Saturday, June 30, 2012

Hi Friends! Hope you're having a great weekend! I'll be taking a little break during the summer from the Tuesday Morning Sketches DT, in order to spend more time with my DD, but I'll still be posting cards occasionally.

Today, I've got a birthday tag for a boy. Going with a fish and water theme, all the layers have circles, bubbles, or dots on them--including the fish!


I used this week's Viva la Verve sketch, rotated 90 degrees.

And, my color palette came from this week's Color Throwdown palette--perfect for a fishy tag.


Paper Smooches Sparks Challenge: Picture Perfect looks like it has water in the background, and I trimmed my ribbons to look like the little flags in the cupcakes. 
Here are closeups of the ribbons and glittery fish:




Thank you for all your sweet comments on my blog recently. If I haven't commented on your blog in the past couple of weeks, I'll be by very soon. My daughter and I have had a couple of weeks of visiting family and friends, so my computer time has been very limited. But, I'm home for awhile now, and can get caught up. :)

I'd like to enter this tag in the following challenges:


That's it for me today! Thanks for stopping by! 

~Hugs!
 
Stamps: Birthday Buddies (Paper Smooches)
Paper: Cafe Mediterranean, Mango Frost (DCWV)
Ink: Colorbox; Copic markers; Sharpie markers
Dies: Classic Ovals Lg (Spellbinders)
Accessories: Circles Lg. Edger punch, 5/8" circle punch (EK Success); Seeing Spots embossing folder (Cuttlebug); ribbon; colored pencils (Prismacolor); Corner Chomper; mini round gems (Recollections); eyelet; buttons; foam dots; Glossy Accents; Stickles; Liquid Pearls
Size: 3-5/8" x 5-5/8"
Thanks for visiting my blog!
To have Ink Up delivered to your inbox,
subscribe in the box at the top right of the page.

15 comments :

Shelby said...

Awesome interpretation of the sketch. Love the colors you went with and all of the different textures look amazing together.

Shelby

Kasey ~ in Oz said...

Oh my, Cheryl,this is fabulous! I love that fish, all the sparkle and texture is gorgeous.

Thanks for joining us this week.

Cheers,
Kasey ~ in Oz
Whimsy Digi DT

Heather Rogers said...

Too cute Cheryl! I love the detail on the fish. :)

Hugs~

Maria said...

What a cute tag! Love that little fish with all the detail and texture! Beautiful colors, too!

Broni said...

Great layout, and I LOVE your fish!! Thanks so much for playing in the Color Throwdown with us this week!

Audrey Pettit said...

Aww, this is so fun, Cheryl! Love that little fish with all it's blingy details. Loving the bubbles, too!

Sue Lelli said...

Cheryl, I am in LOVE with that glittery fish! FAB tag!

Unknown said...

Cheryl what a lovely birthday tag.... thanks for sharing with us at Whimsy challenge this week! Jo xxx

Unknown said...

Fab card Cheryl and this little fish is fantastic I love it. What a great interpretation of the sketch. Hugs Elaine

Jessi Fogan said...

omgosh, I love that fish! He's just iridescent! Such a super fun tag :)

pinky said...

Love this Cheryl. The fish is so sparkly and full of texture. Brilliant work.

Leslie Miller said...

What a beautifully designed tag! I really love how you flipped the sketch for it. The fish is awesome. I had to look and look to admire the detail.

Grandma Bonnie said...

Cheryl, i didn't get to say, "hi" and "bye" for your break from TMS..hope you get a relaxing fun time w/your dd. Can't wait to spend some time with you soon. :)

Conniecrafter said...

very cute, love your fish and the bubbles :) fun and great colors!

Anne-Elise said...

Oh, Cheryl! Your little fish is so cute!! Love it! Great birthday tag!