Happy Bark-Day

Friday, May 18, 2012

Well, here I am again! This time I've got a more masculine kids birthday card.











I used the Viva la Verve May 2012 Week 3 sketch, and Kathy's Lily Pad Palette Challenge for color inspiration.
For the bg, I inked up the Bricked embossing folder before running it through my Big shot, then mixed copper and white acrylic paint to distress it a little bit.


I stamped the dog on a piece of patterned paper, colored a few spots with Copics, added a Pearl Pen nose and eyes, and used a white opaque pen for the circle around the eye, which I also covered with Glossy Accents. The hat was paper pieced and I added a little bit of Stickles to it. The brown layer behind the dp layers is a piece of cardboard. I distressed the edges with a Distrezzer and some Walnut Stain ink, then added some of the white and copper acrylic paint, and finally spritzed with Gold Perfect Pearls Mist. I know the sentiment, "Bark-Day," is a play on the dog, but I love that the cardboard ended up looking a little bit like bark, too.

I don't think you can tell in this picture, but Glossy Accents covers the balloon completely.

I'll be entering this card in the following challenges:


And, that's it for me today. Thanks for stopping by (again)! Hope you have a great weekend!

~Hugs,
 
Stamps: Birthday Buddies (Paper Smooches); Big Birthday Wishes (Our Craft Lounge)
Paper: Carolyn Gavin (K&Co); Story Teller (Crate Paper)
Ink: Memento; Distress Ink; Copic markers; white opaque pen
Dies: Rounded Rectangle (Verve); Standard Circle Lg (Spellbinders)
Accessories: Postage Stamp edge punch, Binding Edge punch (EK Success); Bricked embossing folder (Sizzix); Zing embossing powder; ribbon (Michaels); acrylic paint; cardboard; brads; Glossy Accents; Stickles; Pearl Pen; Perfect Pearls Mist; foam dots
Size: A2 (4.25" x 5.5")
Thanks for visiting my blog!
To have Ink Up delivered to your inbox,
subscribe in the box at the top right of the page.

9 comments :

Shelby said...

Wow! I looooove all of the different textures you've brought into your design. So gorgeous

Shelby

Sassy Raggedy said...

Cute and unique card. I love it. Thanks for joining us this week at Whimsy's. Sassy Raggedy

heidy said...

Fabolous cards!
Thanks or joining CCT this week!
Hugs Heidy

Pauline said...

Wow! What a fabulous texture you have created, I love that fun little dog image, and the rustic colours, perfect for a young man!

Bernie said...

What a fun card Cheryl! Love all the layers and textures!
Hugs

Maria said...

Wow! Amazing texture! Love the background and CUTE dog image! Take care and have a wonderful week, hugs!

Shannon White said...

Oh Wow Miss Cheryl! Love your Darling little Pup and the fab cardboard bark you created! Looks Amazing Lady! 8-)

Hugs
Shannon

MichelleO said...

Fabulous Guy card - love your embossing - Thanks for joining us at Whimsy
HUGS
MIchelleO

Vicky said...

Love your card and all the texture! Thank you for playing with us at lily pad cards!