A Father's Birthday

Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Hi Friends! I hope you had a nice, long weekend, and enjoyed the Memorial Day holiday. My DD was invited to her cousin's birthday party, so we visited with family whom we don't get to see very often--a nice way to spend the day.

I have a quick card to share with you today. My DH's birthday is coming up, so I made a card for our DD to give to him. She's only seven, but already very particular about cards. This one passed her inspection with flying colors!
I used black embossing powder for the ship, sponged a little Distress Ink inside the oval die before stamping the sentiment, and also sponged black Distress Ink on the edges of the rectangles.

For the layout, I used the Viva la Verve May 2012 Week 4 sketch:


To accommodate the placement of the stamped image, I reversed the oval layer and bow, but left everything else as is.


I wasn't sure I would be able to use these colors successfully in a masculine card, but I like the way it turned out.
Here's a peek at the inside.

I'll be entering this card in the following challenges:
Viva la Verve May 2012 Week 4 sketch challenge
Simon Says Stamp Challenge: Father's Day/Special Male Challenge
Lexi's Creations Challenge 66: For the Man/Boy in Our Lives
Kaboodle Doodles Challenge: Anything Goes
Gingerloft Challenge GL41: Circles, Circles, and More Circles
There's Magic in the Air: Bingo--2 or more patterned papers, Brads, Circles

Thanks for stopping by. I'll be back soon with another masculine card.

~Hugs,
 
Stamps: A Guiding Light (Flourishes); Daisy Bouquet (Taylored Expressions)
Paper: Splendid (Authentique); Hollywood Vogue (Webster's Pages); Little Black Dress (Basic Grey)
Ink: Distress Ink; clear embossing ink
Dies: Classic Ovals Lg & Sm, Labels Seven (Spellbinders)
Accessories: Ranger Super Fine embossing powder; ribbon (Michaels); rhinestones; brads; twine (The Twinery); foam dots
Size: A2 (4.25" x 5.5")
Thanks for visiting my blog!
To have Ink Up delivered to your inbox,
subscribe in the box at the top right of the page.

11 comments :

Pauline said...

What a wonderful card, I love the sentiment, and the fab papers.
Thanks for joining us at CR84FN this week!

Sue Lelli said...

I think these colors made a truly FABULOUS masculine card! That sentiment is so PERFECT for your daughter to give to her Dad and I LOVE the ship image! THX for playing with us at CR84FN!

Crafty Mamma Mia said...

Hi Cheryl. I love this card ... great colours, wonderful image and an utterly perfect sentiment for a daughter to give to her Dad! Wonderful! :o)
Thanks for joining us at Lexi's Creations by making a card for "The Man or Boy in your Life".
Helen x (DT)

Marie said...

Wow Cheryl what a great card. Love how you used that great ship stamp! This is one I will have to CASE for my men's basket.

Melissa Craig said...

Gorgeous! The Clipper ship is cool and I love the texture behind it. Great sentiment.

Shannon White said...

Wow Miss Cheryl! This is just Fabulous! Love the Wonderful image and your Great take on the sketch too! Such a Perfect Card for your Daughter to give to her Dad! So glad you could join us at CR84FN! 8-)

Hugs
Shannon

Unknown said...

Great card and awesome sentiment. I can see why your DD approved :)

Jani
papercompulsions dot blogspot dot com

Unknown said...

This is beautiful! Love it! Thank you for joining us at Lexi's Creations this time!

Chrizette
DT Member
Celestial Things

Shelby said...

A perfect masculine card! Love the sentiments and the use of different stamps. Wonderful work

Shelby

Nikki Byrne said...

Superb card and image and perfect for our circles challenge this week at gingerloft. Thank you for sharing it with us and good luck. Hugs. Nikki dt

Conniecrafter said...

Terrific masculine card, great sentiment!