Beach Wedding: A Moving Sea

Saturday, March 3, 2012

Hi Friends! This will be a really quick post. We are camped out in our basement right now, waiting out the storm, but I wanted to get this post in before completely shutting everything down.

I mentioned the other day that my SIL asked me to make a beach-themed wedding card for her. Well, my stamps arrived, so I was able to get it for her in time. I used Kathy's Lily Pad Palette Color Challenge for the colors, and the Viva la Verve March 2012 Week 1 sketch. The Simon Says Stamp Challenge is Anything Goes, so I'll be entering this card there, too.



And, here's my card:
I finally bought a roll of Eclipse paper, and was able to easily mask the shells so I could stamp them on top of each other. I colored them with Copics, added Glossy Accents to the inside part of the shells that would be shiny, and used a little Ultra Fine Flower Soft as sand. After heavily distressing the edges of the image panel, I used sponges and Distress Ink to color the background. I cut a couple of die cuts with a Foliage Spellbinder die, then added Sage Ultra Fine Flower Soft to that, too, before adhering it to the edge of the image panel. The pink bg cs is embossed with a swirl pattern. 

The quote on the front of the card is one I found on the web. I could have printed it directly onto the cardstock, but I prefer to make a rub on with a transparency. I like a softer, stamp-like look, rather than a crisp, printed look on my text. I stamped a small seashell image in the center of the quote, in Antique Linen, and sponged Tea Dye ink on the edges of the Curvy Bookplate die cut. The tag die cut behind the quote was a taupe color, and I spritzed it with Perfect Pearls mist to give it an aged and slightly shiny look, but also to strengthen it. I've noticed that wetting cs then heating with my heat gun, often seems to stiffen the cs, and that particular die cut was a little flimsy. 



For the inside of the card, I distressed a square of watercolor paper, sponged Distress Ink along the edges, then stamped the sentiments.

I better go...sounds like the storm is back. Thanks for stopping by my blog, and have a wonderful weekend!

~Hugs!
 
Stamps: Seaside Life (Flourishes); Wedding (Inkadinkadoo)
Ink: Copic markers; Distress Ink; Memento
Dies: Curvy Bookplate (Verve); Foliage, Fancy Tags Two (Spellbinders)
Accessories: D'Vine Swirls embossing folder (Cuttlebug); seam binding (Hug Snug); pearls; pearl brad; Glossy Accents; Perfect Pearls Mist; Ultra Fine Flower Soft
Size: 5" square
Thanks for visiting my blog!
To have Ink Up delivered to your inbox,
subscribe in the box at the top right of the page.

12 comments :

DottyA Cards & Things said...

Hi Cheryl,
Hope you come thru the storm OK!! Please let us know!
So many have been having such alful weather the last week...
Your card is beautiful.. I don't usually leave a comment but am on your mailing list and always see you new post and enjoy them...
Have a question, What's the story about the Eclipse Paper? you may have said in earler post but somehow I've missed it I guess..
Thanks
Dotty A

Vicky said...

Beautiful card, love all the details! Thank you for joining the fun at lily pad cards!

Heather Rogers said...

So pretty Cheryl. Love the beach theme.

I remember sitting in the bathroom for hours last year because we didn't have a basement in AL. That is a horrible feeling. I hope everything is okay. There were Tornadoes just north and south of my father the other day. Scary!

Hugs~

judkajudi said...

This is a work of art!! Love the verse on the front, so appropriate. Hope you are safe and no damage!

Carla S. said...

Gorgeous card, Cheryl! I love the soft and elegant look! I hope you stay safe from the storms! They are so scary!

Conniecrafter said...

Gorgeous, such lovely stamping and the flower soft is a great addition!

Pauline said...

What a stunning card, gorgeous soft colours, and beautiful stamps and seam binding bow.
Hope the storm passes quickly for you all.

Kathy said...

What an exquisite card Cheryl. You really interpreted the soft colors and made them your own. I hope you all didn't have any damage or loss near by. So scary. Thanks for playing along with Lily Pads color challenge. :)

Shelby said...

This design is just all kinds of gorgeous! You've captured the beach theme absolutely perfectly and beautiful coloring.

Shelby

DottyA Cards & Things said...

Hi Again Cheryl!
Hope your reading your comments today because I have an Award for you!!! Stop by my blog and check it out!

Bernie said...

This is spectacular!!! Glad you made it thru the dreadful storms okay.
Blessings Bernie

Unknown said...

This is stunning Cheryl I love it . You have a lovely blog and your creations are fabulous .
Hugs Elaine